Chapter 20: Still A friend

{2,624 words}

(Y/N's POV)

-The Day of Annie's Capturing Mussion-

I crossed my arms over my shoulder and stared outside at the window. I'm in a carriage now with Levi and Erwin. We're on our way to the royal capital. I can't participate with their mission since I'm injured. My ribs are still not better and Levi won't let me join Mikasa, Eren and Armin.

"Y/N, how close are you with Annie Leonhart?" Erwin asked.

I looked at him.

"Very close. When I first joined the training corps, I didn't have any friends. I was alone and she sat with me, I'm not good at socializing but I gathered all my strenght to make a friend and she happened to be there.
I thought she won't like me as a friend but she agreed. She became my first friend and bestfriend. We're roomates. She taught me her unique moves in hand-to-hand combat, she listens to my stories and whatever I say. She doesn't judge me if I make wrong choices. She's always supportive of me. Annie is a good person...at least to me."

I said and sighed.

Erwin nod his head.

"Who would've thought that she's the female titan. I still can't believe it. My bestfriend is a traitor and an enemy to humanity. She even tried to take Eren." I furrowed my brows and shook my head.

How can you do this to us, Annie?

"Tch. Your bestfriend is really good at keeping her secret." Levi said.

I smirked and nod. "Yeah. She is. Maybe I'll ask her how she can be so good at keeping a secret."

"You're still going to talk to her even after what she did?" Erwin asked.

"Hmm." I nod my head. "It may sound absurd but after everything she did. She's still a friend. My bestfriend."

Levi and Erwin didn't say anything. They just sighed and nod their heads. The carriage stop and an MP's opened the door.

Erwin was the first one to go down, next is Levi and I was the last one.

I made eye contact with Nile Dok. I still hate this man. All of the things he said during Eren's trial, I still remember all of it. If only I could punch him right now.

I looked back at the other carriage following us. Inside that carriage is not Eren but Jean. Horse face looks like my brother so he has to pretend to be Eren so we can execute our plan.

I almost jumped out of shock when a loud and bright lightning striked in the sky. I looked up and saw it.

That must be Eren.

"What was that?!" Nile asked. He then looked at the MP's on the roof. "Escort team! We're fine here! Go check that out!" Nile ordered his men.

"Yes, sir!"

I looked at Levi who looks bored as usual. We're both useless for now because of our injuries. I hate this.

"Nile, dispatch all your troops immediately. We must assume a titan has appeared." Erwin calmly said.

I actually want to laugh at him.
He is so damn calm at every situation. I don't even know how he can do that. It's as if nothing can shake him up.

"W-what're you saying?! This is wall Sina! There's no way a titan could be here!" Nile said.

Yeah right.

Erwin just looked at Nile.

"Erwin...What the hell are you up to?" Nile asked.

I hissed which made Nile looked at me.