Chapter 64: The Rumbling

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,591 words}

Tears keeps streaming down to Y/N's cheeks when her mother was grabbed by the grinning titan. She was frozen in her place while watching the grinning titan slowly bringing her mother close to it's mouth. "No..." Y/N muttered. She wanted to move and save her mother but she doesn't know why she feels like she's being held back. Y/N whimpered when Carla started punching the grinning titan's fist, hoping it'll let go of her. 

Her legs swinging and her tears falling while she struggles in the tight grip of the grinning titan. "No!!!! Stop!!!" Y/N shouted. She managed to move herself and run toward the grinning titan, her eyes widened and she stopped running when the grinning titan squeezed her mother. Blood splattered mid-air, Y/N felt numb when the grinning titan brought her mother close to it's mouth and completely devoured Carla.

"Mom..." Y/N muttered. She fell on her knees and cried loudly while screaming her pain and sorrow. Carla's pair of sandals is in front of her. She picked it up and cried even more...

Y/N froze on her place when she heard a familiar voice screaming. She looked back and saw Eren being carried by Hannes, tearing up while staring at their mother being eaten by a titan.

"I'm gonna destroy them. Every last one of those animals...that's on this earth." 

Y/N jolted up from lying down. Her deep sleep was disturbed by her bad dream, the green-eyed lady dreamed of how her mother died. Her eyes wide open and cheeks wet because of her tears. Y/N stared at nowhere while tearing up. Both of her hands trembling and bullets of sweats visible on her forehead.

Y/N placed her hand on her chest feeling her heavy heart beating while her breathing ragged. She clenched the blanket covering her from the cold and looked down. Why...why did I see how my mother died? Y/N thought. She let out a deep sigh and wiped her tears after silently breaking down. Y/N took out a deep breath and closed her eyes and tried to calm herself.

"What's wrong?" Y/N opened her eyes when she heard Levi spoke. She looked at her side and saw Levi lying beside her. She didn't even noticed him because of her suddenly waking up. The raven-hair captain held Y/N's hand. "Did you have a bad dream?" Levi asked. 

He tried to sit up but Y/N stopped him. Levi stared at Y/N for a few moments, he can clearly see her puffy eyes and reddish nose and cheeks because of crying.

A deep sigh came out from the captain's wife. "Did I wake you?" Y/N asked. Levi didn't answer and kept his stare at his wife. Y/N flashed Levi a small smile. Her left hand went to Levi's cheel and she caressed it using her thumb. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry. Just go back to sleep and rest some more. Don't mind me." Y/N said.

Levi sighed. He closed his eyes and pulled Y/N close to him. He locked Y/N into a tight hug, making Y/N smile even more thoug her eyes became glossy. "You're not fine, don't lie to me." Levi said, his hand went to Y/N's head then his fingers started stroking Y/N's hair.

His sweet simple gestures game comfort and warmth to Y/N, his embrace gave peace to the green-eyed lady and she felt safe being close to him. 

Y/N didn't say anything and just hugged Levi back. She snuggled into his chest while Levi held her close making her feel safe and sound. 

"Y/N?" Levi called his wife. His tone was low yet husky.

"Yeah?" Y/N responded.

"If....if we ever survived all of this, what do you want to do?" Levi asked.

Y/N stared at Levi's chest for a few moments. A small smile slowly crept onto her lips. "Let's...live somewhere peaceful, Levi. Far away from every chaos." Y/N said.