Ch 17- End of a Year

Adelaide waited for the other two for about five minutes when the other two rushed out of the door shutting it behind them. They could hear the loud barks of Fluffy. Together, the three of them walked to the hospital wing. Adelaide filled them in on what had happened after she came out on the way.

"What on earth happened?" cried Madam Pomfrey when she saw them.

"Ummm. Saving the Wizarding world from the clutches of dark wizards," said Adelaide as she watched Madam Pomfrey usher Ron over to a bed. Madam Pomfrey turned her head sharply to see Adelaide smiling widely and she dismissed it as a poor joke. Only if she knew what Adelaide had said was true.

As she lay on her bed in the hospital wing (Madam Pomfrey had forced her and Hermione too, even though they said they had no particular injuries.),

The next morning when she woke up, she saw Hermione sitting next to Harry, who was unconscious. Ron was sleeping soundly.

"He's alright?" Adelaide asked groggily. Hermione nodded. Adelaide walked up to Harry

. Just then Dawn swooped in.

"Hey. Long time no see," she said as she untied the note tied to his leg.

The note read:

'Dear Miss Gracia,
My office. If you please.
Sincerely
Albus Dumbledore
PS- You wouldn't happen to have any sherbet lemons, would you? '

Adelaide got up. "From Dumbledore," she told Hermione and walked off.

She entered the all too familiar office and saw Dumbledore smiling at her from behind his desk.

"A tough year, I suppose," said Dumbledore smiling kindly, motioning her to sit.

"Yes, professor," Adelaide said tiredly. "I had a hard time trying to convince them that it was Quirrell and not Snape. Not that the listened of course."

"Miss Gracia, I assume you feel something is missing?" said Dumbledore.

He was right. It was a wish she had kept inside her. She had tried hard to forget. She desperately wanted to know what she desired the most. She wanted to see the Mirror of Erised. She saw Dumbledore's smile widen as she nodded, a small frown on her face.

And that old man should really stop using legilimency on her. She should really learn how to shield her mind or everyone would know all that she knew, and that wouldn't be good.

"Then I would suggest you follow me," Dumbledore said as he got up and walked out of his office.

Adelaide was standing in front of an abandoned classroom. Dumbledore motioned her to enter. There it was, the infamous mirror of Erised.

Adelaide stood in front of it and looked at her reflection. She was there, a bit older, smiling. Hogwarts was in the background. There was Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Neville, Cedric, Lupin, Tonks, Mad-eye, Fred, George, all the Weasleys, Snape, Dumbeldore, and everyone she knew and wished would stay.

They all looked happy. Adelaide supposed it was her seventh year, the year after the war because she was wearing the Head girl badge and then her eyes trailed to her hand where she was holding a wand, only it was not her wand.

She was holding the elder wand. In her other hand, she was holding her wand too.

Welp, now that was something. She did crave power, but not that much that she would want the elder wand. Or did she? Now that she thought about it, the Elder wand did seem inviting. Of course, the story sort of glorifies the Invisibility cloak, but if she had the most powerful wand, then a simple disillusionment charm should work perfectly fine. And as for the stone, well, she was never the one for reviving dead people...She would like it if did have the Elder wand...But she liked her own wand and wanted to grow stronger. So that her wand would work for her, just as good as the Elder wand would.