Ch 31- Third year, New Teachers & Firm Resolution

They reached the castle from the platform using carriages.

Adelaide could see the thestrals; she saw them in her second year too. Since she had seen no one die in this life, it must be due to the fact that she saw her parents being murdered in her previous life as Stella.

The usual chatter that filled the carriage, was absent today. No one felt like talking much. It had started to drizzle ever so slightly, and the chilling, howling winds just took the place of silence.

As they stepped out of theirs, a familiar drawl met their ears.

Adelaide sighed.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?"

Malfoy elbowed past Hermione to block Harry's way up the stone steps to the castle, his face gleeful and his pale eyes glinting maliciously.

Adelaide really didn't have the energy or patience to deal with that idiot at that time. She folded her arms across her chest, with a sigh, as Malfoy eyes them with the usual malevolent glint in his eyes.

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Ron, whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Malfoy loudly. "Did the scary old dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"

"Is there a problem?" said a mild voice. Professor Lupin had just gotten out of the next carriage.

Malfoy gave Professor Lupin an insolent stare, which took in the patches on his robes and the dilapidated suitcase.

With a tiny hint of sarcasm in his voice, he said, "Oh, no — er — Professor,"

Adelaide was pulled out of her thoughts, the moment she heard him. All the trepidation suddenly seemed to vanish and was replaced by an instant urge to hex Malfoy into bits. How dare he?!

"I swear I won't hesitate, asshole" Adelaide growled, her wand pointed at Malfoy's face.

Malfoy cocked his eyebrow. There was no way she would hex him in front of a teacher, would she?

Adelaide could see a flicker of fear in his grey eyes. She smirked. The git deserved it. No one gets to insult anyone based on their appearance, no they don't.

"Do it once again, Malfoy, and you'll be signing your own death certificate," she said, taking a step closer, her wand still at his face, a spell in the back of her head. She could hardly care if she got detention the first day back. If she got it for hexing this asshat because he was being a bigoted, prejudiced, bully, then she'll take it happily.

Hermione prodded Ron and Adelaide in the back to make them hurry, and the four of them joined the crowd swarming up the steps, through the giant oak front doors, into the cavernous entrance hall, which was lit with flaming torches and housed a magnificent marble staircase that led to the upper floors.

The door into the Great Hall stood open at the right; they followed the crowd toward it, but had barely glimpsed the enchanted ceiling, which was black and cloudy tonight, when a voice called, "Potter! Granger! I want to see you three!"

They turned around, surprised, and saw Professor McGonagall looking at them with a stern look.

Harry and Hermione left leaving Ron and Adelaide to go and save their seats. The time-turner, as much as Adelaide wanted to opt for all the subjects she didn't want to go berserk like Hermione went.

After the sorting Dumbledore stood up. Professor Dumbledore, though very old, always gave an impression of great energy.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard.