Ch.4 Evaluation

They headed over to the assault course as a group and all of the other units, excluding D-unit, and H-unit, who were currently on a mission.
They had all come together as a group whilst watching Cub being evaluated.
The new instructor, who they had labelled as M.I (Mystery Instructor), was at the front of the group, along with K-unit.
As they were on their way there, the instructor decided to introduce himself. They found out his name was Zach, short for Zachary, and that he had trained at Brecons when he was younger.
"If you have trained here before.. what was your code name?" The nosy as ever Eagle prodded
"I- uh my old code name was Jaguar, or for short, Jag" As soon as he had said that, quite a few of the men following passed out on the ground.
"So much for being soldiers" Alex commented slyly making most of the still standing group laugh.
Eagle was fortunately a part of this group and had been quite unlucky as he had face planted straight into a puddle. Zach and Alex, along with a few of the stronger men helped all of the fallen soldiers to the infirmary.
Throughout all the commotion, they hadn't noticed two people sneaking off to evaluate Alex on the course, so when they went looking for them, they were surprised to see Cub flying through it. Again, this gathered a crowd, which included the Sergeant and a few of the other instructors.
Alex swung through the last bit of the course and jogged back to the start whilst not breaking a sweat, or breathing heavily at all. The Sergeant jogged up to Zach who was staring at the timer. When he finally got a look at it, he froze.
"So? What'd I get?" Alex questioned "2 minutes, 28.7 seconds" This response caused chaos to spread throughout the crowd of soldiers, which had awoken the Sergeant from his hazy state.

~This is Jerry. It's his first day on the job as a time skip~

Alex had a laptop set up in front of him, with his food (If you could call it that) pushed to the side. He could feel many of the soldiers curios gaze's on him, either wondering what he was doing, or still marveling at his ability to beat the course record that had been set by the top soldier ever to train at Brecons.
Snake, who's curiosity was through the roof, tried to look at his screen, but found he had a screen protector, meaning that he couldn't see the screen unless he was sitting directly in front of it. He then tried to peek over Alex's soldier, but Alex was so caught up in his work that he didn't notice that it was Snake who was trying to sneak up on him, meaning that when he felt a presence behind him, his natural instinct was to grab the persons arm and flip them onto the floor, and twist their arm behind their back, making it easier to either break their arm, spine, or both. When he noticed who it was, he climbed off of Snake, grabbed his laptop, and his tray, and headed off to where you put the trays and any left over food, which was quite a rare occurrence as they would all take what they could get, which was some sort of mushy stuff and if they were lucky, an apple or banana.
Alex than headed off towards the cabin and was about to put the laptop in his bag, when he remembered the cave-like place that he had found earlier that day. He quickly hid it in the secretive bit of the bag and then he silently moved over to the board. He removed the board, climbed in carefully and put the board back in place. He decided that then was a good time to look around. He thought it was only a small cave but whilst exploring, he found a little hallway type thing. Alex, being Alex of course decided to explore it and realized that there were around 12 caves, each connected to each other. He also found another entrance which would have him end up somewhere in the woods. He found two desks, both with code-names engraved in them. "J and C" He mumbled to himself, wondering who they were.

He sat himself down at the desk that had Jag engraved into it and opened the journal that he had found on his first journey into the cavern.

Today, was my first day of training. I think it went well, but that is probably just my head, trying to make me feel positive, especially because I am still devastated from having to leave Helen and Ian behind. Helen is 6 months pregnant, and I am hopefully going to be able to go home when my baby boy is born. Yes. He's a boy. We found out on the last trip to the doctors, which was a day before I left to come train here, at Brecons Beacons.
-J

Alex could hear everything from inside the cavern, knowing that his unit had just come back from eating their dinner. That was when he realized how smart of an idea it was to have an escape route that ends up in the forest. He put the journal back in the slot that he had found it in originally and jogged towards the exit that he knew would lead to the forest.

He raced towards the cabin, combat jacket tied around his waist. He slowed down in front of the cabin, not even slightly out of breath and pulled the door open, only to find...