𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟰, 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝟵: 𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀

I arrived at Green Gables as I hesitantly knocked on the front door.
" Hello Anne.." Mathew looked at me as I saw his tear stained face.
I hugged him tight as he led me to Marillas room..
"It's unfortunate that we have to meet on an awful occasion.." Mathew said to break the silence.
I stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

Mathew opens the door to Marillas room.
"Anne? Is that you?" Marilla said struggling to breathe.
" Oh Marilla...." I said whilst I ran to hug her.
"I've missed you.." she said.
"As have I! Wait Marilla your burning up," I exclaimed.
"MATHEW GET THE TOWNS DOCTOR!" I yelled in desperation.
Mathew and Marilla looked at each other in despair.
"Anne.." Marilla muttered.
"What she's trying to say is that, The town's doctor has started to make us pay for his work.." Mathew said.
"But that's Ludicrous!" I yelled in perplexity.
"We haven't the money Anne.." Mathew said ashamed.

"How much?" I said desperately.
"800.."
I remembered the check Gilbert gave to me and felt it in my pocket.
"Anne Shirley... I order you not to do what your thinking.." Marilla whispered.
"..And when do I ever do what I'm told?" I smirked as I began to head out the door..
"I'll be back!" I yelled

I ran down to the town as I reached the town's doctor.
"We'll I'll be damned if isn't the one and only Anne Shirley Cuthbert.." The doctor said as he was about to head out for the night.
"Doctor I beg of you Marilla Hasn't long left please I beg of you tend to her sickness.." I said desperate for an answer.
"As I said to Mathew before there's nothing I can do without the money!" The Doctor said as he was about to leave.
"If it's money you want I got it but please I beg of you come with me to Green Gables! I insist." I said anticipating as I showed the 800 check Gilbert had given me.
"Lead the way.." The doctor said whilst checking his medicine bag if he's got the correct equipment.
I felt as if a Boulder was lifted from my back.

We both rushed to the door as Mathew led us to Marillas room. She looked ever so worse me than before..
"Anne.." she whispered as she began to cough a violent cough.
"It will be alright Marilla I've brought the doctor!" I said as I kissed her cold, pale forehand.

Just then there was a loud knock on the door.
"I'll get it.." Mathew said leaving the room.
I heard a conversation that was muffled by the wood of the doors to Marillas room.

A familiar silhouette entered the room.

"Anne?"

I already felt better.
"Gilbert?" I said as I felt warm arms hug me tight.
"We can talk later, How's Marilla?" Gilbert replied with concern.
"She's holding up?" I answered as tears filled my eyes.
I left the room.

"I don't want her to die.." I cried.
"Nor do I but you need to be strong Anne! She's not going to if you believe she won't." He reassured.
He stroked my head as he hugged me once more before heading into Marillas room.

"Ah Mr Blythe what an honour to be at a great doctor in trainings presence!" The Town doctor exclaimed.
" Thank you.." he smiled.
" How's Marilla.."
"Her temperature is exceeding the average, her breathing is slowing down and she has a deadly cough.." the doctor replied.
"Sounds like a disease.." Gilbert whispered.
"Pneumonia?" Gilbert replied with confidence.
"Very good." The doctor said in astonishment.
"I'll have to prescribe her with antibiotics, she
Should be well in 4 weeks time." The doctor said.
"Why, that marvellous news! I'll let Anne and Mathew know," Gilbert exclaimed.

Marilla was fast asleep.

"Anne, Mathew!" Gilbert yelled.
"Great News!, Marilla will be well again!"

An amazing adrenaline rush ran through my veins as those perfect combination of words went to my ears.
"So, Anne could we talk now?"