𝗦𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟰, 𝗘𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 𝟭𝟭: 𝗪𝗲𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗥𝗶𝗻𝗴

The day was finally here. My wedding day.
The day I've longed for ever since I was a child. Me in the dress of my dreams. Me with the man of my dreams. It seems as if my life is finally being stitched back together with the thread of thrill and bond.

"Anne! Get inside you'll catch a cold" Marilla yelled. Ever since the day I met Marilla I could sense her motherly instincts.
"Coming!" I yelled back.

It was time to get dressed. I haven't been told much of the arrangements, Gilbert wants it to be a surprise.
"Anne tell me if it's too tight." Diana asked as she began to tighten my corset.
It felt as if i was being squeezed to death.
"I.. can't breathe.." I gasped for air as Diana began to loosen it a tad.
I hoped getting ready would get my mind off of things but it wasn't.
I was in my dress. It looked... it looked.. absolutely extraordinary.

"Oh Anne you look, like a princess" Diana whom was my Maid of honour said with an absolute stunned look.

" I am.. A Princess? Princess Cordelia?" I mumbled.
All this time i thought of Myself and Cordelia as two separate individuals but now.. might we be the same?
"Sorry?" Diana replied.
I quickly changed the topic.

"Anne?" Marilla knocked on the door.
"It's time"
I was soon ready.
"Here Anne put this on.." Sebastian put on a blindfold on me.
"I'm am much confused," I questioned as he led me on carriage.
"We're here," Sebastian replied.
I grabbed ahold of my conscious as I slowly remembered the going to the church back in town is at least an hour if not hour and 30 minutes.
" this isn't the church..." I questioned as someone removed my blindfold.

I gasped. A trail of candles leading up towards a canopy of flowers and there stood Gilbert. It was were we first met..

I walked down the isle. Dressed in a ivory white gown. Marillas veil and Gilbert's mother's ring.
An Outfit Full of stories and mysteries.
I saw Gilbert's astonished face..
Overwhelmed with complex emotions I barely realised the amount of guest there were. Many familiar faces,
There was: The Gillis's, the Barry's, the Andrew's, the Pye's, Ms Stacey whom I did not know until today was married to Sebastian! And she is now Mrs Lacroix, Sebastian, Elijah, sweet Delphine, Mr and Mrs Lyn, Cole and most of all Mathew and Marilla - all the people I love and hold most dear to my heart is here on this most monumental occasion.

I finally made my stop. As I stood opposite my future husband I looked up at the sky. Look at me Mother... I thought.
Bertha Shirley was my mother. My biological mother at least. I believe she would benproud of me.
I looked back at Gilbert, his eyes glaring at me.
I smile.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the ceremony of connection and love that god has bestowed upon this man and this lady.." the minster began to say.
My eyes met Gilbert's as I pinched my arm.

"You may say your Vow's" The minster read aloud from his note book.

"If I may," Gilbert asked.
" My Anne, From the moment I set eyes on you, I knew from hence forth you had to be mine. The way you have a mind for your own Anne.. I don't just want a wife I want a person who will be my inspiration. Someone to be my teacher. Someone who will love me.
My dear Anne, The moment Diana revealed to me your true feelings, I jumped off that train as quick as a heart beat and ran to you.
Oh Anne, the moment I knew I loved you, I wrote a letter from my heart to reach yours... but I think we all know what happened after as we all know red heads have fiery instincts.
So Anne I promise to always love you, to promise that I will always will be there for you and always will, I promise that even if times are tough I will make you my first priority and I promise that you will be my one and only until I die,"

A stream of water ran down my cheeks and onto the ground below us. The crowd began to cheer. Those are the words I've longed for all my life...
I wiped my tears.

"I believe it's finally my turn,
Dear Gilbert,
I love you. I love you so that I do not and could not ever be able put my words into actions. My love for you is as bright as the sun at dawn, my love for you is as big as the world beyond our fellow neighbours can not comprehend. I love you Gilbert.
I love the way you care and do what's right, I love the way you never break your promises.
As did I write a letter about my passion for your affection and believe thou did not receive such letter but I'm glad you ran to me when you finally knew because if it wasn't for that we wouldn't be standing here at this very moment so I thank you....
Thank you Gilbert.. for everything"

I could hear the cheers from the guest as I ended my speech. Me and Gilbert looked back at each other in accomplishment.

"And with that, eh What was it again boy?" The minster asked.
Mrs Lyn almost bursted out laughing.
"Gilbert.." Gilbert said in embarrassment.
"Ah yes, With that, Will you Gilbert.. Gilbert..." the minister said in complete cluelessness.
"Not like your memory once was ay?" Mrs Lyn Blurted out in laughter as her and the rest of the guest began to chuckle.
"Rachel!" Marilla snapped.
I and Gilbert looked at each other as we began to giggle.
" Blythe, Gilbert Blythe" Gilbert repeat for the final time.
"That's what I said! Will you Gilbert Blythe take Anne Shirley Cuthbert hand in marriage?" The minister asked.
" I do with pleasure," Gilbert blushed.
" Do you Miss Anne Shirley Cuthbert take Mr Gilbert Blythe's hand in marriage,?" The minister said.
"I do.." I said as the crowed began to cheer.
" I know pronounce you Mr and Mrs Blythe, you may kiss the bride," the minister said for the last time.
I could feel Gilbert's cold finger tips touch my cheeks as began to kiss me.

It was a new chapter in my life..