Chapter 5

"I'll give you a deal. Give us the blonde traveler and the masked individual and you will buy yourself some time. A break from bloodshed would benefit both sides, would it not?" A tall girl, black hair with a crow mask on top-side of her head, said with a tired tone as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her name is Kujou Sara.

"So that's the reason you brought reinforcements... just to get your hands on the both of them!" A boy with furry ears along with a geo vision dangling from his waist, said in an angered tone. This boy is named Gorou.

"The two of then are of great importance to the Almighty Shogun. But the way I see it. The two of them are expendable to the resistance." Gorou growled at this with an angered face as Kujou Sara belittles the both of them.

"That's where you're wrong! Both of them means just as much to us. They are members of the resistance. They are comrades. I'll never surrender them to the likes of you!" Gorou retorted.

"'The resistance never betrays it's own' her excellency made it clear from the very beginning."

"General Gorou!" A soldier called out to get his attention. He turns around and saw a blonde Traveler rushing to the scene.

"Teppei... and the Traveler? What are you doing here?" He asked, surprised, along with eyebrows raised.

"Do you even need to ask? I'm a member of the resistance and it's my duty to assist everyone." The blonde Traveler named Lumine said with a determined look.

Gorou chuckled in surprise.

"It would appear that our time to fight side-by-side has finally come." Gorou's face cracked into a smile of relief at the arrival of Lumine and her companion Paimon.

"Let me fight as well!" The one who appeared with Lumine, said with bravery and determination.

"Well, well... looks like we meet again. This time, I won't let you get away." Kujou Sara turned her gaze to the newly arrived blonde Traveler.

"I thought you would seek refuge with the resistance in the hope of receiving asylum, but it looks like I was wrong. Is it bravery? Or foolishness that brought you here to me?" Kujou Sara mocked Lumine, but Lumine didn't flinch and gave her the silent treatment, while on the other hand, Gorou and the others observed.

"Since you're here and all, why don't you represent the resistance in a fight of honor?" Kujou Sara suggested, both of Lumine and her gaze, not faltering one bit.

"A 'fight of honor'...? What is that?" Paimon asked, putting a palm on her forehead, with a perplexed expression.

"Before a battle commences, each side chooses their finest warriors for a match of single combat." Gorou explained, turning to Paimon and Lumine.

"What's the point of that?" Paimon asked again.

"For the force that is superior, the meaning in such a duel is little. But for the weaker force, victory could spark an important boost to their morale." Gorou explained to both Lumine and Paimon who is foreign when it comes to the culture of Inazuma.

"But the way I see it. She wants to use the match as an opportunity to catch you. Do not feel obligated to participate. We can take the fight to them without such a ceremony." This time, Gorou turned his gaze to Kujou Sara and glared at her.

"Well what do you think? And what do you want to do? It's up to you Traveler.", Paimon said, scratching her head at former before giving Lumine a reassuring smile.

Lumine didn't ponder and the answer was clear as it was on her eyes.

"You already know the answer to that." Lumine reciprocated the smile, glancing over to Paimon with a smirk plastered on her face, before turning her gaze back to Kujou Sara.