Chapter 6

After the sudden ambush at Tatarasuna; the Sangonomiya Resistance managed to return to Watatsumi Island safely without too much casualties. On the way, everyone introduced themselves to each other and came to an understanding with one goal. That is, to put an end to the Vision Hunt Decree.

"What are we gonna do with the Shogunates?" Lumine asked Hiro.

"We have questions to ask them, we'll let them go afterwards. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth keeping them as prisoners. It's just not right, despite them being our enemy." Hiro crossed his arms and leaned on a pillar.

"I know you said we need to capture and interrogate the Shogunates, but what questions are we exactly gonna ask them?" Kokomi asked curiously.

Hiro pondered for a bit, putting a hand to his chin, before finally answering Kokomi.

"The questions we need to interrogate from them, right?" Hiro asked Kokomi who nodded as a reply.

"No offense, but that much should be obvious." Hiro replied casually while shrugging.

Everyone on the HQ began looking at each other before finally questioning Hiro once more.

"What do you mean by that, Hiro-san?" Lumine asked with a confused expression, before everyone's attention gathered on him again.

"Tell me. Why did the Vision Hunt Decree started in the first place? What does the Raiden Shogun stand to gain when she takes the ambitions of her people? Who persuaded her into starting the Vision Hunt Decree? Is she aware of the consequences of the Vision Hunt Decree? With this questions, it should be enough for everyone to understand what I'm getting at."

"So you're saying that there's more to it that meets the eye?" Beidou asked, gaining a nod from Hiro.

"As someone who felt the power of the Raiden Shogun head-on, I can tell something anyone doesn't know, but we'll set that topic aside for now."

"Leave the interrogation to me. Let everyone rest first and I'll tell you what I've gathered in a few days." Hiro started walking to the exit and raised a hand, disappearing shortly.

"Aaaand he's gone. What are we gonna now Kokomi-chan?" Beidou turned to Kokomi who was looking at the map on the table in the middle of the headquarters with a hand on her chin.

"For now, we'll need to treat the wounded, both ally and foe." Kokomi turns to everyone, gaining a nod from them.

"Well then, let's go." Kokomi led the way and went to the field hospital.

...

...

...

After a few days, Hiro was jumping from tree to tree, dead silent. At the moment, he was at Yashiori island gathering intel after interrogating the Shogunates and Kujou Sara, with him accompanying them to Tatarasuna, eventually letting them go right after docking the shores.

Base on the intel he gathered, it was evident that there's a third-party or someone pulling the strings.

After the death of Rex Lapis, also known as Morax, the Raiden Shogun tightened the security on Inazuma. It was said that the Sakoku Decree and the Vision Hunt Decree has been established for a long time now, but I wonder how much the third-party has prepared throughout the years.

What's their goal? Is what's bothering me for a while now. Do they intend to take total control of Inazuma? Or do they want to gain something from the Raiden Shogun? All I can do for now is speculate; I'm not so sure if I can do something about the third-party.