Bonding with Momo

Eri sat on top of the black lacquer wood as Momo's hands danced across the ivory keys of the piano. Next to her Mayonaka sits in the loaf cat position watching Momo as well, both of them slightly leaning over the edge and staring down at her hands as they go across the piano. Playing a piece that has been played by millions of people for the past several hundred years and most famously was composed by Mozart. Rondo Alla Turca. The young girl claps as Momo finishes the last run before closing the cover to the keys. She gives her daughter a smile before picking Eri up off of the piano and allowing Mayonaka to jump onto her shoulders.

"What do you think, Eri? Want to learn how to play the piano?" Momo questions as she carries the girl back to the common room quickly followed by the two other cats.

"I want more pretty sounds." She responds looking at the music box that she normally carries with her everywhere, sitting on the coffee table.

"What she's asking is if you want to learn how to make your own music, nya?" Mayonaka says from his slumped position on Momo's shoulders. Eri looks from Momo to Mayonaka before looking back again before giving her an answer.

"I guess so. I want more pretty sounds though." Eri complains as Momo whisks her away towards the kitchen of the dorms. "Can make new music box?" She asks as Mayonaka jumps from Momo's shoulder to the top of the fridge where he sits down on the cold metal and leans his head over the side watching what she's up to.

"Of course, I know a song from a game I used to play when I was your age." Momo answers before setting Eri down in a high chair and pulling her towards the counter so she can watch her mom cook lunch. Momo puts her hand in front of Eri on the little table on the high chair before the blue and purple sparkles of Momo's quirk starts to appear. Eri's eyes turn to stars as she watches intently as a new music box is formed from Momo's hand. Similar in appearance to the grand piano Momo was playing, the black wooden box had the logo of a certain italian plumber in red and white on the top. The crank is in the same shape as the golden coins from the children's game but gold plated. Eri looks at it for a moment then grabs the music box from Momo's hand and starts to wind the box. With each tick Eri becomes ancy with anticipation for the music to come forth from the newly created music box. When she releases the handle, the lid pops open revealing the comb and cylinder within. Underneath the lid appeared to be a small painting of an underwater world with bubbles and coins in the background.

"Woah..." Eri says as she starts to wiggle in her seat listening to the music. Momo laughs seeing the young girl's reaction to the music box before she begins making lunch for them. Eri doesn't pay much attention to what Momo is making, too busy watching the comb flick the little tines of the cylinder within the music box. However Mayonaka watches intently as Momo skins and slices a fillet of fish that was left over from when Todoroki had made his dinner the previous night. She cuts off a small piece for Amai and Neko as they come over to watch what Momo is doing. She cuts off a larger piece of the cod and hands it to Mayonaka who reaches his paw down and grabs the fish from her hand before beginning to eat it. She batters the fish in flour and some seasoning before bathing it in some egg yolk and repeating the process. She sets it in a pan to fry before quickly chopping some potatoes for fries. After soaking them to get rid of the starch and avoid them turning brown before she adds them to the oil of a different pot.

"So Eri, I have an idea for something we can do today." Momo says getting Eri's attention away from the music box.

"What is it Momma?" She questions, Momo's heart skips a beat when she hears her call her this.