Dream Ship

Mark wakes up at his normal time. He gets up and walks to his window, pondering something. If he was still in his home on Earth it would be 3am. He grew up in an old country on Earth known as Canada. He had many friends and a loving family...that is, until the great war destroyed half the globe. He was taken in by a kind space cadet by the name of Johnny Seo. The elder used to live in a country formerly known as America and raised Mark like his little brother. The two bonded over their desire to see home again. Mark used to tell Johnny "I don't care if Canada is nothing but ash... I have to see my home again." to which Johnny would silently agree.

Every night Mark gets nightmares about the day it happened. It was so vivid it felt like a dream but so real it tore through his mind like a sword. The lights, the bombs, the screams. He got separated by his family looking for safety and by the time the chaos subsided he was in California. It was there Johnny and Jaehyun took care of him and became the family he never knew he needed. If those two taught him anything it was that family is worth dying for and family doesn't leave family behind.

"Goodmorning, Johnny!" Mark sing-songed once he entered the bridge. The tall man smiled at him and patted his head.
"Morning, Mark," he said.
"I'm gonna be helping Jungwoo with some stuff on the engine."
"Number 1: Jungwoo is kind of tied up with Yangyang and number 2: you know absolutely nothing about engineering you're just going to pester him, aren't you?" Johnny cocked an eyebrow at Mark that made him laugh.
"Ahah, yeah. You're not wrong. Welp, see you later!" With that, the younger dashed out of the bridge as fast as he came in.
"That kid sure is something" Doyoung nudged Johnny.
"Yup, he's something alright." Johnny said, smiling.
"Jungwoo!" Mark ran down the stairs to the engine room with the speed of light.
"I need to teleport. I gotta see the Dream Shi-" he stopped in his tracks to marvel at the contraption that was currently wrapped all around the room. His gaze fell to the center of the room and the two men who were hunched over a ball.
"Oh, hey Mark" Jungwoo said without looking.
"What is this ship you're seeing?" the other boy asked.
"Okay, first of all: what the fuck is this and second of all: who the fuck are you?" Mark asked, face filled with confusion.
"This," Jungwoo gestured to their creation, "is physics. And that," he pointed to the other, "is Yangyang"
"Uh, hi, Yangyang" Mark awkwardly waved.
"Sup"
"Anyways, get me to the Dream Ship please"
"Can it wait? I'm kinda busy" Jungwoo mumbled.
"Listen, it won't be long and I feel like Johnny may check on me soon. I just need to do some..stuff. Please" he begged.
"Ugh, fine" the blonde huffed and walked over to the teleporter that only he, Taeyong and Mark knew about.
"State your mission"
"Fuck off"
"Alright, Uranus for you-" Jungwoo reached over to a big blue button.
"No! I'm sorry-uh- rain check." Mark said.
"Clear" Jungwoo hit the right button and Mark glowed blue, then neon green, then he disappeared.
"Woah, cool! How did you get those colors? When I configured it all I could get was this lame white color and some sparkles" Yangyang said.
" Hmm.. sparkles..I'm gonna have to look into that. Now, this" Jungwoo excitedly got back down to what he and the younger engineer had been working on.
-

"Captain on the bridge!" a low voice called. As Mark walked through the halls of the Dream Ship, All Star by Smashmouth was playing off the ship-wide speakers.
"You know, this isn't what Jungwoo built this for." Mark walked on the bridge, laughing.
"Aish, he's back" Haechan huffed and got out of the captain's chair.
"Yes, I'm back. I came to do a rain check and to say that you all may see me here more often."
"Seriously?" Jeno exclaimed.
"Yeah. Haechan, get everyone up here asap." Mark ordered.
"Aye,aye, captain" The second oldest saluted.
"Hey, hyung," Jisung patted the captain on the shoulder, "what do we plan on doing? Because you spend most of your time with 127 Crew while we sit in space and play wii games I don't want to sound disrespectful but what do you plan on doing as captain?" He flinched as he finished, nervously glancing at Chenle who was beside him. Mark sighed and smiled,