October 3rd

~Wanda's POV~

"WANDAAA!" Someone yelled in my ear and I jumped up in fear. I was about to use my powers on the intruder but it just turned out to be Clint.

"What? You better have a good explanation for waking me up."

"I just wanted to tell you that Sam took the cat to the vet and also Tony's back and he's throwing a party tonight" I nodded.

"Also, can we keep the cat today? We will give her back before the party?" He tried to use puppy dog eyes which actually worked, sort of. "Fine, now leave" I didn't mean to sound rude but he did just wake me up.

I got up and got ready for the day. I found Nat in her usual spot at the kitchen island.

"Do you want to train with me today?" I asked her. I felt bad that I couldn't hang out with her yesterday. She nodded and I ate breakfast before I changed and met Natasha at the training room.

After training, we watched a movie in the living room while eating lunch. Then we went to her room and talked a little bit before we got ready for the party.

When we were ready she told me she was going to head down and start welcoming people and I told her I had to do something and I'd meet her down there.

I got to my room just in time to catch Sam coming out of it. "Just dropping off the... C-A-T" he spelled out the word.

"Sam, everyone here can spell you idiot" I scolded him.

"Right. Right. The doctor said she should be better in a couple of days. Also, we fed her." I nodded and we went our separate ways, acting like the conversation never happened.

I opened my door and the cat was lying on my bed. "Hey girl, how are you doing? Did you have fun with the boys?" I got a meow in response. I'm not sure what it means but I'm going to assume it means 'No I would much rather have spent time with you'

"I have to go to the party. I'll be back later to check on you." I tell her before I leave and join the party downstairs.

I immediately drifted to the bar where Natasha was sitting. She was talking to the bartender about something but when I sat next to her their conversation ended. "What was that about?" I asked gesturing to the bartender who was now serving some of the guests across the bar.

"Just asking him if he was available" I wiggled my eyebrows and she laughed. "Not for me silly. For you"

Why would she do that? Is it obvious that I'm lonely? I mean I guess that's part of the reason I was so eager to bring the cat to the tower.

"What?"

"Don't deny it. I see you moping around the tower. You need to get out, have fun. It doesn't have to be anything serious."

"Why don't you do that? Or are you still hung up over Bruce?" she shook her head.

"No, I think I'm finally over him" I gave her a warm smile which she returned.

I was about to say something but I was cut off.

"Hey Maximoff" I immediately ran to Maria and she embraced me in a tight hug. It wasn't until I pulled away did I notice Carol standing right next to her and I wrapped my arms around her as well.

"I've missed you guys so much. You guys need to take a break from missions for a while please"

"We'll be sure to tell Fury that" Carol and Maria were obviously his favorites on the team. After them being Clint and Natasha.

"How long are you guys here for?"

"A few weeks," Maria said before she looked at Natasha.

"Maria"

"Natasha" they nodded towards each other.

Carol and I just watched the interaction pretending like we couldn't feel the tension between the two women. "Carol. Come, I want to show you something." the blonde nodded as I led her away from the party and to my room. I trusted her and Maria, they would both keep a secret for me. So, of course, I would introduce Carol to the cat I found and show Maria later.

~Natasha's POV~

I chatted with Maria a bit before Wanda stole her away, I'm assuming to catch up because those two are pretty close.

I tried to hang out with the boys but they were playing some childish game, trying to pick up Thor's hammer. They do this every party and every time they fail, you'd think they'd learn by now.

Right now I was behind the bar making myself a drink when I noticed Maria and Carol walk out of the hallway and talk to Clint and Sam before they all walked through the hallway towards Wanda and my room.

You already know I had to check it out. I am a sucker for putting my nose in places it doesn't belong.

I made my way down the hallway and made sure to be quiet as I approached Wanda's room. The door was open and the light was bleeding into the hallway. I heard all of their voices.

They were talking about something, I'm not sure what.

"We do have to keep it a secret though" Wanda spoke

"But enough of us know, Tony couldn't possibly want to throw her out"

"Besides if he tries anything I blast him into next week" Carol joked and everyone laughed.

I didn't really care anymore. I stepped into the doorway and all attention was on me. I'm assuming before I showed up they were all looking at Maria who was holding a black cat.

"Wanda what the fuck"

"Natasha. Please don't tell anyone" Wanda pleaded and I looked to the others who were all making puppy dog eyes.

~Wanda's POV~

"Fine" Natasha rolled her eyes before she examined the cat.

"She got a name?" I shook my head at her and she nodded before her eye caught something.

She stepped toward the cat and examined her collar. "Where did you get her?"

"Off the street why?" I asked

"You need to put her back" she simply said and stepped away from Maria who was holding the cat.

"What why!?" Sam whined

"I'm not superstitious or into witchcraft or anything but I know that when you see a symbol like that, you stay away" she pointed towards the strange-looking pendant on the collar.

"But she's already been here for like 3 days, you can't just dump her back on the street" her eyes widened when I revealed how long the cat has been here. OOPS

"3 days Wanda? Who else knows?" I gestured to everyone in the room. "And Bucky" I remembered when I looked into his mind yesterday.

She looked like she was about to say something but ultimately gave up and walked out. I was so relieved that she gave up because she probably would have gotten her way eventually.

The five of us talked for a bit in my room before we decided to go back to the party. The girls and I didn't drink much but I couldn't say the same for the boys. They were acting like fools, thank goodness the guests had already left.

After Carol left, I decided to head to bed. I quickly showered and changed into pajamas before lying down on my bed.

I didn't realize how tired I was. Almost immediately after I laid down, I fell asleep.