Chapter 5: Family Is Us

Austin Mall.
One week later...

   Anastasia is throwing her money at every single store she sees to the point that she can no longer carry them. She frowns and stops at a bench to call her brother, hoping that he will be able to come and take her. "Hey, need any help?" Nate appears in front of her out of the sudden and moves closer to her. The cheerleader plays with her hair and processes what's the best outcome for her and her shopping and finally makes a decision. "Alright, you can take these ten bags and I will be helping you of course..." she says to him and he laughs as he points out...

  "You mean that you're gonna hold the one nag that has a scarf in it?"

  "Well you offered to help so shut up and help me!" She responds back to him, gives a killer smile and tells him to follow her.

  Mendoza residence.

Spencer finally has enough confidence to see his parents and notify them that he's back. He knocks the door and takes a deep breath as he looks inside from the window next to the door. He hears footsteps and his mother eventually opens the door. The woman is left speechless, not knowing what to say to her older son. She starts crying and hugs him with all her power. "Santiago..." She says again and again, being unable to believe that her child is standing in front of her after all these years.

  "It's Spencer now..." the boy tells her and softly smiles at his mother.

  Unfortunately for him, his father doesn't want to see him and instantly yells at him to leave their house, deeming him, not worthy of their family. "GO, NOW!" The older man screams and throws him away as the mother tries to stop him. Ever since Ramon's death, he has become bitter and can't process how much he hurts from losing his favorite son. Spencer gets up and asks his father as the older man walks away...

  "WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?"

Spencer then lowers his head, looks at the hour and walks away to go to his training. His mother looks at his father angrily and heads inside the house as tension is sure to arise later to the household.

  Bluelife.
One hour later...

   Hayley is working her first shift back at Bluelife and she feels like she's home. George asks her if she's alright with Anastasia and how is the situation at home ever since her return. "Well it's alright but I'm not exactly on the best terms with your sister. I want to apologize to her but she hates me..." the young girl explains and frowns as she thinks about the whole situation.

  "Anastasia doesn't hate you, in fact, she's the one who told me that you're looking for a job again..." George reveals and Hayley smiles softly, since even the slightest hint of having her friend back is more than enough for her to be happy. Then Cameron walks inside and heads towards the bar where the other two stand. "I need a chocolate flavor milkshake and a donut..." the tall young boy says to his best friend and he sighs.

  "What's wrong with you?" George asks him and Hayley notices Anastasia walking inside Bluelife with hundred of shopping bags and the new guy from school helping her.

"I think I know why he is frowny...Anastasia is not responding to him at all and now she's hanging out with a bad boy!" Hayley teases him as she explains to her boss what is going on. George rolls his eyes and leaves the two teenagers deal with their love dramas. Hayley holds her best friend hands as she gives him the order. "If you want my advice...stop giving her time and space, she has had enough of this the whole summer...go win her back!" She says to Cameron and the young boy looks back to his crush, she's arguing with the new guy about something and the timing seems off.