You'll Get Home

"You'll get back alright. I know it," claimed Simon. The day was uneventful so far. The dark haired boy was thankful that he finally got to spend some alone time with his crush. Ralph was the leader; Simon knew he had no business liking him, but couldn't help himself.

        "You're batty," insisted Ralph. Simon shook his head as his black hair came to rest in his eyes again. He honestly just had a strong feeling that the boy would make it. However, he did refuse to think about Ralph not making it. He simply couldn't handle it if he didn't.

        "You'll make it home. You'll make it," Simon muttered.

        "Thank you," accepted Ralph. He didn't have the energy to argue with Simon.

        "Can I tell you something?" Simon asked quietly. Ralph nodded.

        "I know this is ill-timed. I need to tell someone," began Simon. Ralph motioned for him to keep talking. "I have a crush on you," Simon mumbled.

        "Uh, I don't think I'm like that," denied Ralph.

        "Have you ever tried it?" Simon questioned.

        "I s'pose I haven't," confessed Ralph.

        "Would you consider trying it with me?" investigated Simon. Ralph thought for what seemed like an eternity before he finally spoke.

        "I will try it, but Simon, the others can't find out," Ralph answered.

        "That's okay. I understand. Thank you, Ralph," replied Simon as he swept the hair out of his eyes, finally able to look the blond in the face as he blushed. Ralph placed his hand gently on top of Simon's.

        "This feels strange. Maybe...sorta right?" thought Ralph. He dismissed the notion, not wanting to dwell on it. He'd decided to just enjoy himself while he could.

        "Thank you, Ralph. Thank you," repeated Simon.

"Yeah, but I still think you're batty," insulted Ralph.

"I know," admitted Simon.