Fool Me Once

"Ralph!" a voice whispered.

     The blonde ignored it. He recognized the tone. He was in no mood for it.

     "Not now!" he yelled quietly.

    "Ralph!" the voice called again more urgently.

     "Shut up!" responded Ralph.

     "Who are you talking to?" Simon inquired as he approached his boyfriend.

     "Myself," lied Ralph.

     "I thought I was supposed to be the batty one," joked Simon.

     Ralph patted Simon's head softly.

     "I'm not really ready for humor this morning," he rejected.

     "What's wrong?" Simon investigated.

     "I'm jus' tired," claimed Ralph. He ran his finger along Simon's bruises.

     Simon kissed his cheek. "I'll go get you fruit," he offered. He walked into the trees.

     "Ralph!" Jack called. He sat next to the boy.

     "Get out of here!" Ralph grumbled.

     "I love you," whispered Jack.

     The sound of gentle feet was heard in the sand. Jack pushed Ralph to the ground, climbing on top of him. His hand was on the leader's waist. Jack put his lips to Ralph's as the closest tree rustled softly.

     "Ralph, this is the last one I could find without crossing the entire island," Simon spoke as he finally lifted his eyes from his feet.

     He saw his boyfriend lip locked with Jack. He looked at the apple in his hand. Then, he looked at Ralph. He tossed the apple at his head, and ran away.