I love you?

"Ralph?" Simon mumbled. The two of them had been sitting in the hideaway since the other boys went to bed.
"Batty, it's dark. We should be back by the shore," Ralph lectured.
"Will you please listen to me?" Simon begged.
"What is it?" Ralph inspected. He didn't like seeing Simon sad. There was something entirely wrong about it.
"I love you, Ralph. I know you probably aren't like that. I know we'll eventually be rescued, but until then, please, keep humoring me," pleaded Simon.
A few minutes had gone by. Minutes that seemed eternal to Simon. He shifted his weight uncomfortably in the darkness. If he and Ralph weren't sitting as close as they were, they'd both be invisible.
"I-I love you...I think..." whispered Ralph. He blushed, thankful that his companion hadn't been brave enough to look at him. Simon turned his face toward the leader.
"Please, say that again," he requested.
"I think I love you, Simon," repeated Ralph.
Simon pushed a soft, innocent kiss to his crush's mouth. "Thank you," he whispered.
They curled together for what Ralph estimated to be half of an hour. He looked closely at the black haired boy next to him, studying his features barely visible by moonlight. It gave Simon a heavenly glow.
"Batty?" Ralph spoke. He could barely hear himself.
"What?" Simon asked as he looked up.
"I definitely love you. Don't tell the others, but I love you. I have since the day we built the shelters. You were so helpful. You were the only one out of how many to help me. You were supportive. I loved you then. I just didn't know," explained Ralph.
Simon turned pink as he kissed Ralph. "I love you too," he added.
The two of them crept back to the huts without a sound.