Chapter 25

"Welcome to Avengers H.Q.," Tony announced as the jet began to land. Fern had moved up to the front to sit with Tony; she was excited to see how big the compound was as they broke through the clouds. Fern gasped; it was bigger than she expected. "Beautiful, isn't it? Oh, there's Pepper; you're going to love her." Tony pointed down to the landing pad, where a blonde-haired woman stood off to the side. The jet landed, and everyone was quickly exiting; Fern walked off with Tony, and Bucky smiled, walking over to stand next to her.

"Fern, this is Pepper," Tony smiled, introducing the women. "Pepper, this is–"

"The beautiful and amazing Fern that everyone has been telling me about. Pepper Potts, it's wonderful to meet you finally. Tony hasn't shut up about you." Pepper smiled, holding her hand out to Fern.

"All good things, I hope. It's wonderful to meet you as well," Fern smiled, shaking Pepper's hand. "So you run all of this, right? That's what I've read; you built what is now Stark Industries. That's amazing."

"Thank you, I can't take all of the credit, but I will take most of it." Pepper chuckled. "You were right, Tony; I do love her," Tony smirked before taking Pepper's arm and walking them away to talk about tomorrow's party.

"So, what's first?" Fern turned to Bucky.

"First, I'm going to show you where you're staying, and then we can tour the place. Nat and Wanda are sure to steal you from me soon." Bucky smiled, taking hold of Fern's hand with his free one; he carried her bags with his metal arm.

"Lead the way," Fern smiled, looking to the air for Elder and Buzz; they noticed her and followed along as the pair began to walk into the building. "I take it Ryker knows his way around already if I'm not seeing him right now."

"He figured it out pretty quick. He liked to be a shadow and creep around the place without us knowing. He scared the crap out of Sam last night," Bucky chuckled; he stopped them outside of the elevator, Elder landed on Fern's shoulder, and Buzz happily rested on Bucky's head. Bucky let out a slight growl towards the bird, to which Buzz pecked his head with a happy chirp.

"I told you that he'd like you," Fern snickered. Bucky gave her a displeased look as the elevator stopped on their floor, and he walked them down the hall a few doors. Bucky stopped and nodded at Fern to open the door with a smile. She placed her hand on the knob and pushed the door open. "Holy crap." She gasped.

"Do you like it? Nat and Wanda started working on it, then when Tony and I came back, we finished it," Bucky explained, following her into the room. Fern looked around in awe at the room; it was massive. A king-sized bed rested against the far wall; a black leather couch sat in the middle of the room facing a wall that held two giant bookshelves and a flatscreen. The far wall was only windows and a glass door that led out to a balcony; on the same wall that the bed was on led into the bathroom, which held a shower and bathtub that might as well have been a hot tub. It was so big. Another door in the bathroom walked Fern into the overly massive walk-in closet.

"Are all of the rooms like this? Please say yes because this feels like all too much," Fern gaucked as she walked around the room. The room was covered in plants and flowers; she liked that they tried to make it like home. Large dried tree limbs hung from the ceiling and walls, giving Elder and Buzz many places to rest. There was an oversized dog bed next to the couch for Ryker to sleep on as well.

"Most of them, but we all agreed that with your abilities and the animals, you needed a little extra space," Bucky sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh. "I think we did a pretty good job."

"You guys did an amazing job," Fern walked over to sit next to him. "Thank you, Bucky." Fern pecked his cheek, grabbing his hand.

"Only the best for you, doll." Bucky grinned as his cheeks turned a faint red. "Come on; you need to see the rest." Bucky was on his feet and pulling Fern behind him as they both laughed.