Chapter 7: Wake Up

Julie's POV

I couldn't believe I was about to go knock on the door of my old house. It was going to be pretty akward, but I needed to find out who this boy was, and why I was forgetting him.

I knock on my old front door, feeling nervous about this whole thing. What if they didn't let me look around in the studio? Then what?

The front door swings open and I freeze when I see my long term crush, Nick, standing in the doorway.

"Nick?" I say.

"Julie? What are you doing here? How'd you know where I live?"

"Um....funny story actually." I say. "So um...I use to live here and I came here to ask the new home owners if I could take a look around my mom's old studio."

"My parents aren't home, but yeah of course." Nick says. "We actually haven't stepped foot in there because we thought we should just leave it. It looked like a special place."

"It was." I say. We stand there in akward silence for a moment before Nick broke the silence.

"So, you wanted to see the studio?" Nick says.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Alright, yeah." Nick says. "It's all your's, I'll let you be alone."

"Actually, can you come with me?"  I ask. To be honest, I wasn't ready to go in there alone. I would have asked Flynn to come with me, but after the kiss I'm not sure where we stand. Are we pretending like it never happened? Is she breaking up with Carrie? I don't know. Plus, this was a good way to spend alone time with Nick, if I even still like him. Lately my feelings have been all mushed up and swirled around. "It'd be nice to have a friend in there with me."

"Really? Yeah, okay." Nick says.

A/N: sorry for interrupting, but in the show Nick asked Julie out in episode 9 but she declined him because of her feelings for Luke, in this time line, Nick didn't ask her out and this is because Julie never met the ghosts so she never came out of her shell and started music again. I'm not saying Nick only liked her because of the band, but the band helped Julie shine and break out of her shell, and that's when Nick started to like her, when she was more confident. They were also never dance partners because she wasn't in dance class anymore after being cut from the music program (I just thought those went together) okay now on with the story sorry.

Me and Nick walk down the path and stop outside my mom's old studio. I hadn't been in here since Dad asked me to clean it out, and I couldn't even do that. I took a deep breath and opened the doors.

The room was left exactly how we left it. The pillows perfectly placed on the couch, my mom's old six string hanging on the wall, the old stereo sitting on the table, the chairs floating on the ceiling, even the sheet music my mom left on the piano. The last time I came in here, I actually looked at it. It was a song called Wake up, she wrote it for me before she-

I take a deep breath and step inside the studio. I already felt more connected to music and my mom, like I never stopped playing in here which was a little odd. I walk over to the piano and look at the song again.

"Wake up wake up, if it's all you do. Look out, look inside of you. It's not what you lost, relight that spark time to come outta the dark, wake up."

It was a beautiful song as all my mom's songs were. In the back by the window, the dialah flowers remained watered and thriving.

"You kept the flowers alive." I say with a smile, still gazing at them as the sun shown is beautiful sun rays on them.