Chapter 8: Off Limits

Warning: abuse/homophobia

Julie's POV

I don't know what I was expecting to happen when I played the CD, but nothing did. The only thing that happened was an awesome rock song played. It's been forever since I sat down and enjoyed a song like that. I could slowly feel the music bubble back inside of me.

"Sorry for wasting your time." I sigh, puting the CD back in the case. "I should go home now."

"It's fine, you're welcome in here anytime." Nick says.

"Thanks." I say.

"Yeah, no problem." Nick says.

"I guess I'll see you around school." I say.

"Yeah, see ya." Nick says.

**

As I'm walking up my drive way, Flynn runs up to me.

"Julie!" She calls. "I really need to talk to you."

We haven't talked since the kiss and i didn't know if we were forgetting about it or what, but I wasn't too sure I wanted to forget about it.

"Yeah, I'm listening." I say. "What's up?"

"Julie, ever since the kiss I couldn't stop thinking about you." Flynn says. "I broke up with Carrie because I realized that I like you, alot."

"Flynn I-"

"And I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth." Flynn says. "I like you Julie."

I can't say the kiss didn't mean anything because that would be a lie. But I still didn't know the deal with this boy I was remembering. There was some kind of connection there, I could feel it. But I also had a great connection with Flynn, and here she was right now. There was no question about her or how I knew her like there was with Mystery Boy.

"I like you too." I say. "But there's something I also gave to tell you."

Luke's POV

I was walking around the strip with Renzo and he was teaching me on a bunch of stuff I missed out on during those twenty five years. But, I've been meaning to talk to him about something.

"Hey Renzo?" I say.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Hey um....I know you didn't mean anything by it, but there's certain things you can't mention around Reggie, Alex too. All of us can get a little sensitive around certain things."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone." Renzo says. "You should have told me." I knew he was right, he never would have mentioned anything if I told him. "So what are these topics, so I know not to bring them up?"

"Well none of us like talking about our families. Alex's parents weren't supportive of him being gay and Reggie's parents were always arguing, and his father was just horrible. And then with the drinking, his mom had a drinking problem and he was always left helping her. So just keep the conversation less personal. Epically don't ask Alex about his uncle or Reggie about his brother."

"Noted." Renzo smiles. "Yeah you should invite them to the next party we go to. You guys could play there even! How about tonight?"

"Omygosh that's right!" I exclaim remembering I had band practice. I was already half an hour late. "I have band practice, I'm already late I'll see you later." I say. "And of course, we'd be happy tonight."

"Have fun." Renzo waves at me and I poof into the studio.

Alex's POV
Flashback- 1989 (age 11)