Chapter 8: Family Day

Remedial Goodness 101

"Children, excuse me. Urn, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." FG interrupted the team as they walked in.

"I don't see nor hear anything" they heard a familiar voice come from a black screen. It was Maleficent.

"Press enter." Jafar demanded.

"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, Its broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip... Oh!" Maleficent yelped when she suddenly saw the faces of the children who were meant to help bring havoc to Auradon.

"Evie, its mommy." the Evil Queen squealed "Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree." hmm, that was something that was actually nice Brooklyn thought.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent insulted her.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asked looking at FG.

"This is Fairy Godmother." Brooklyn spat at her, not liking the way she asked.

"Still doing hicks with eggplants?" Maleficent teased.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage." FG defended herself.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella till one A.M.?" Maleficent scoffed "I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice!" FG yelled.

"Thank you so much." Mal said, trying to steer FG away from the screen.

"They were mi.." FG muttered walking away. She only walked to the side of the screen.

"Hi, mom." Mal said

"Mal! I m-m-miss you" Maleficent muttered. The pain in saying that was so obvious Brooklyn thought.

"You children are never far from our thoughts." Jafar said shoving his face in front of the screen.

"How long must mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked.

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after... that."

"When?" She asked again.

"Friday, 10 A.M." Mal answered, giving her mother a definite answer.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much." The struggle was so clear on Maleficent's face, everyone (but FG) noticed.

"Yes, I completely understand, mother." Mal sighed.

"Carlos, is that a dog?" Cruella asked, "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."

"He's the perfect size for a pet." Carlos defended Dude.

"Oh!" Cruella yelped, surprised by the attitude that her son had gotten from being there.

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed!" He insulted her. All Brooklyn felt in that time was proud, proud of Carlos for finally being able to stick to his mother. She knew in that moment, that very moment, that Carlos belonged in Auradon, this place gave him the courage to defend himself.

"Oh!" Cruella was simply in shocked at her son's actions.

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar laughed at the scene.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella yelled/insulted Jafar.

"ENOUGH!" A loud voice boomed. Brooklyn immediately looked at the screen at the familiar voice. "All of you are giving me a massive migraine. Who are you even talking to?" Gaston came into the screen. "Brooks?" He asked at the sight of his daughter.