Chapter 8: Final Fight

Location: Auradon Prep

"Uma! Brooklyn! Stop, please! Stop! I need your help! We have a chance if we do this together." Mal yelled as she ran after them. The trio stopped walking and faced Mal.

"Your friends kick you to the curb?" Uma asked. "Good."

"Ben saw something in you." Mal looked at Uma, trying to convince her to help. "Today, I saw it too. You care Uma. You care about everybody, an Auradon is worth saving. Brooklyn, all you have ever done is help people, even people who don't deserve it." Brooklyn knew she was referring to Harry and Hades. "Help us... please." She begged. Seeing Brooklyn's face, Harry moved to stand in between them.

"You talk pretty, but... she's already made up her mind." He moved his hand to hold Brooklyn's tightly, but she moved her hand away. Harry looked at her hurt.

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to do this." Brooklyn looked at Mal with tears in her eyes.

"Let's go." Uma decided to help Brooklyn and gently pulled her away from Mal.

Mal stood there, not knowing what to do, she hadn't been alone before. She always had someone there to help her.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia's voice came from on top of the castle tower.

"Yeah! Save your little friend, Mal!" Audrey laughed. Mal was mad, she had enough of Audrey throwing this tantrum about a villain being queen and decided enough was enough. She transformed into her dragon. She flew to the tower, and growled at Audrey pressing the sceptre staff against Celia's neck.

"Careful not to get your little VK buddy."

"Woah." Uma, Harry and Brooklyn ducked as Mal flew over them. She attempted to ignite the ember with her flame, but it didn't work.

"She doesn't stand a chance without the ember." Brooklyn said, looking at Mal. She knew what she had to do. "Come on!" They all ran after her.

"Help me, Mal!" Celia called out again. Mal roared at Audrey but was met with a it to her wing.

"Hold still, you little brat!" Audrey yelled at Celia as she threw her to the side.

"What do we do?" Harry asked, looking at Mal failing.

"Uma, grab my hands." Brooklyn instructed, she looked in her eyes and demanded. "No matter what, don't stop chanting. Understood. No matter what I do or what you hear, don't let go." Too afraid to answer, Uma nodded, both girls ignored Harry's constant questioning and began to chant.

"Regain you might and ignite." Both girls said in unison. Brooklyn felt her power being drained from her body, unable to handle the overwhelming pain, Brooklyn began to take deep gasps.

"Brooks!" Harry exclaimed.

"Don't stop!" Brooklyn yelled when she realised Uma had stopped chanting. "We're stronger together. Stronger together, We're right here, Mal."

"Regain your might and ignite. I'm right here, girl, I'm right here. Regain your might and ignite!" Mal teared up at the sight of Uma, her long-time enemy helping her, and Brooklyn, the girl who did everything for everyone was draining herself, so Auradon would be safe. The strength from her friends powered the ember and it lit up.

"Yes!" Harry and Uma cheered when they notice the ember light up.

"Want a piece of this? Huh?" Audrey intimidated Celia throwing the sceptre from hand to hand.

"No! No!" Celia yelled in fear. Mal flew up again for a second attempt, more confident tis time as she had the ember. Not realising the advantage Mal now had, Audrey laughed, she took another shot at Mal but this time, it didn't hit the dragon, Mal was able to block it with the ember. "Go Mal!" Celia cheered.