Chapter 6: Love Cookie

The Kitchen

The entire gang were in the kitchen making a love cookie for Mal to give to Ben. Mal was mixing the dough, while Jay, Carlos, Evie and Brooklyn were waiting on the side.

"It says we still need one tear, and I never cry." Mal rolled her eyes.

"Let's just cut up some onions and get some tears then." Carlos said grabbing an onion.

"It says a tear of human sadness. This love potion gets the best so we have to follow it exactly." Mal scoffed.

"A tear's a tear." Jay said rolling his eyes.

"That's not true Jay." Brooklyn said, "despite the fact that they both have antibodies and enzymes..." Brooklyn trailed off looking at Evie knowing she knew the answer.

"... an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie finished, smiling.

"Listen to you." Mal teased Evie.

"There you are, Mal!" Lonnie came in the kitchen, immediately Mal covered the spell book not wanting anyone to know what they were up to.

"All the girls want you to do their hair! Midnight snack, huh? What are you making?" Lonnie asked looking at the bowl on the table.

"Nothing special. Just cookies." Mal answered as Lonnie went into dipped her finger. That is not hygienic! We don't know where her fingers been. Brooklyn thought. "Oh, no, no!" Mal said, trying to stop Lonnie from trying it.

"What?" Lonnie asked confused "I'm not going to double dip."

"Feel anything?" Brooklyn asked, wondering if Lonnie felt anything. "Like, it's missing something?" She asked.

"Hey, there" Jay flirted, but Lonnie just ignored him.

"It could use some chips." Lonnie shrugged.

"And those are..." Mal said, happy that it didn't work on her.

"Chocolate chips. Just like the most important food group" Lonnie said grabbing them, "didn't your moms ever make you guys, like chocolate chip cookies?" She asked seeing the confused looks on their faces (except for Brooklyn). "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..." She looked at the sad faces in confusion "why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked.

"It's just different where we're from." Mal stated bluntly.

"Yeah, I know.I just, you know, I thought..." She paused "Even villains love their kids." Her eyes widen "Oh... How awful." A tear of human sadness began to trail down her cheek, noticing this Mal went to grab it, that's not weird at all Brooklyn thought at the action.

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night. I'll see you tomorrow. Evil dreams." Mal said practically pushing Lonnie out of the kitchen.

"Boys, cookie sheet. Evie, oven. Brooklyn, keep looking adorable" Mal demanded.

"Yes, ma'am." They all said in unison.

Auradon Prep

"Hey, Bennyboo!" Brooklyn cheerfully. Ever since they got here, Ben and Brooklyn have almost become like siblings. If she needed something and she didn't want to be bother the others, she would go to Ben, whether she wanted something for the room or if it just to complain. They would joke around and basically act like siblings- as if they had been their whole lives.