Recruitment -Part One-

"I don't think that's very likely, Em."
Right now, my best friends voice is on speaker, continuing on to our 15 minute phone call. "Why?" She asks, sounding somewhat pitiful. I sigh. " Emily, I don't think that, I mean, ugh." I take a deep breath, and contemplate how I'm going to explain this. " John," I start. "Yes?" " I don't think you know this but johnny boy jackass is sleeping with Ellis." Silence. It goes on like this for a full 30 seconds, before she break it again.
"Ellis? What kind of name is Ellis?" I laugh. "An old lady name. For sure."  She sniffles and giggles, finally giving me a smile. "Thanks. For looking out for me. I know your busy-" I cut her off. "Never to busy for you, Em."

     She tells me She has to go, and hangs up. I kind of want to get candy. Yep definitely want candy. I put on a sweater, oversized of course.
I am now ready.  
     Spandex shorts and an oversized sweatshirt, converse and hair in a messy top bun I am completely ready.

     I walk down the stairs, out the door and grabbing my long board I take off. I put in my headphones, careful to still pay attention to my suroundings. When I get to the Dollar Store, I pick up my board and walk inside, cringing as the bell rings. I hate that sound.

  "Mrs.Walsh! I'm here." Mrs.Walsh is the store owner.

"Rosie!" She calls back. I smile. Such a sweet old woman. I go straight for the candy aisle and grab Buncha Crunch, and Red Vines. When she sees I'm ready to pay, Mrs.Walsh walks to the register.
"How's your day been Rosie darling." She rings me up, and I procede to tell her about Emmas situation.  She tsks
and sighs, handing me back my change. "Boys were always so sweet when I was a girl. What's changed?" I smile. She's so innocent. " I'm not quite sure Mrs.Walsh. Thanks!" I head out of the store and go to grab my board.

   Only to find, its no longer there. Weird. I look around for it, surely a bright green longboard doesn't just roll away and become invisible. I spot it in the alley way, continuing to roll. What the hell. I check before crossing, then run and grab it. Before I leave the alley, hands grab me from behind.
I feel a prick in my neck and the world  goes black.