Chapter 11: Preparations for the Midterms

Kazuha's POV. Class 2-1.

Our homeroom teacher is standing in front of our class, holding a paper and at his back, the word "midterms" was written in big letters.

Teacher: As you all know, midterms are around the corner and will begin the next week.

Teacher: Just to let you know, any scores below 30 will be deemed as failing grades.

Teacher: Be sure to revise, and revise well.

The other students began talking to themselves for the exams.

Akane talked to me.

Akane: The time has finally come, huh?

Kazuha: Yep. Well, prepare for some more intense studying sessions, Akane.

Akane: Oh, yeah.

Akane: But, we haven't even taught the quints anything yet.

Kazuha: Well, if they fail, they fail. We've done everything in our power to pursuade them but........

Kazuha: You know, they should also take effort as well.

Akane: I agree.

Akane: As for Fuutarou........

I followed Akane's deadpan gaze to Fuutarou.......

Kazuha: Yeah. I know.

Akane: By the way, Kazuha, can you help me with some of the lesson in History?

Kazuha: Oh, yeah. Right, History is your weakest subject, right?

Akane: Yeah.

Kazuha: Well then, if got any questions, ask right away and I'll try to answer.

As soon as it was over, Akane puts her desk beside me, grabs her notes and I began helping her.

Kazuha: So, what part is it?

Akane: If I remember correctly, our topic is about the Hundred Years War, right?

Kazuha: Yes. France was under Britain's rule on that time.

Akane: It was also during that time that a hero appeared.

Kazuha: Yes.

Kazuha: Jeanne d' Arc, the one who lead France's victory against the British.

Akane: She is said to receive a vision from God. Even called as a saint.

Kazuha: Which lead her gathering charisma and building her reputation.

Kazuha: But in 1431, she was executed. Burned at the stake for being accused of witchcraft.

Akane: Geez, the Medieval Era is scary.

Kazuha: Yeah.

I felt my phone buzzing as I check a message from Fuutarou.