Chapter 10: Ghost

"Shit, we should go find a place to hide"

Lisa told as she tried to move her head to the direction where Jennie stood even though she didn't see a thing. Jennie let go of the tree they were holding on to as she stood just beside the dark haired.

"Let's win this game!"

Jennie exclaimed Into the forest as she had a big grin on her rose cold lips. Lisa tried to hold back the smile growing on her own lips before she let out a cough as she let go of the tree as well.

She started to walk a few step forwards, hearing the footsteps of the brown haired trailing behind her carefully. The dark haired stopped in her tracks, which made the other slightly bump into her back. It was seconds of silence after she had stopped, seeming to having a thought locked in her brain.

She turned her body around slowly, taking out her right hand from her warm pockets to reach it out into the air in front of Jennie. She turned her head to look at the side, avoiding looking into the other as she opened her mouth.

"Take my hand,.. So we don't lose each other"

She told, voice a little raspy as she stood there with her outstretched hand. Jennie had just stood there in her track, a bright shade of red covering her  cheeks as she widened her eyes from the words leaving the others mouth.

Sh looked down as she felt her cheeks warm up, embarrassment covering her as she had her gaze on the path they were walking on.

"Hurry up, I'm not saying it again"

Lisa told once again as she waiting for the other to take a hold of her hand. The brown haired turned her gaze upwards as she slowly outstretched her own hand to feel around for the others hand.

She tried to get a hold of it but having a hard time finding the others, her hand stopped moving when the dark haired warm fingers got a hold of her and tightly held into it in her hand as the cheeks of the two turned warmer once they had their fingers wrapped around each other.

Silence filled the air as they continued walking in the darkness, their heart at peace from the warmness from each other being the light showing the way through the pitch blackness. Jennie had a small smile on her face as she continued having her head hung low from the embrassment.

Sh didn't see how the other had the same kind of smile, unwillingly forcing itself on her face.

Holding on into each other's warmness as they walked further into the forest, they didn't know where they were going as they just continued following the path that was leading they forward.

Just as they were walking they heard a footstep crushing the leaves under it's step just beside them

Both stopped in their track, a high scream let out from the Person who was stood beside the dark haired and brown haired. Before the pitch scream could continue from the strangers mouth, it got interupped from the strong hit landing on the person's side of the head. Leaving the other fall to the ground under them.

"Lisa! Why did you hit the ghost?!"

Jennie shouted as she moved back when the ghost had fallen beside their feet, holding into his head as he hissed words of pain.

"Not my fault he was screaming!"

Lisa yelled back as she was annoyed from the ghost lying on the mud trying to scare them just as they were heading to a place to hide. It turned silent before Jennie let out a laugh that had caught the attention of the gaze  from the dark haired who turned to the source of sound.

"I can't believe you actually hit him"

Jennie told between the laughs, staring down at the head clutching boy who seemed to start chuckling as well from the action that had taken place just a minute ago.

Lisa didn't laugh along,

She was way too busy to listening to the brown haired girl.

---------

Jennie had her head laid on the pillow as her body was laid on the comforting bed, hand clutching into the sheets under her, tightly between her fingers.

She stared at the table beside her bed, her eyes gazing over the familiar white bottle in front of her eyes. She kept observing it, memories being woken in her mind the more she watched.

The hand around her white bed sheets gripped it tighter when the memories kept showing up, eyebrows furrowed and eyes low as the bottle got away from her sight when it was grabbed from the table.

It was Jisoo

"Did you take it?"

The friend told, holding into the white bottle in her hands as she stared at the tired girl laid on the bed under her eyes. She watched as the other tiredly nodded, eyes still fixed on the place where the bottle stood on the table.

Jisoo's gaze softened as she sighed before making her way to sit beside the others legs, Jennie felt the precense of the other beside her legs as she continued staring at the empty table.

"It's not an enemy Nini, it's your friend now"

She told hushed, as she observed the way Jennie's eyebrows softened up as the wet liquid had traveled down her cheek, passing by her mouth as she listened to Jisoo's words, not being able to let them in.

The memories were blocking them out, not letting them inside to finally understand. To finally let go of the burden holding itself closed behind bars, yet not finding it's way out to finally leave her in peace.

She wished it was easier, easier like Jisoo saw it. But it wasn't, it was harder that they thought, harder that she thought and she truly wished it to be the way they had all thought.

"I can't be friends with something that doesn't want to be"

The Brown haired said, the tear slipping down her sorrowful eyes. Not daring to look inte the others eyes, scared of showing Jisoo this side of her. Afraid of the side that once had left her weak at the floor, hands wrapped around each other as she showed this to the people she never wished to see.

And now, once again she was showing how her tears slipped down her red face in front of her closest friend. Alone in a room that felt cramped right now.

She tried to stop them, but it was no use to stop something that was used to leaving her eyes. She dragged her hand upwards towards her burning cheeks to wipe the wetness from her face.

"Why are you still afraid to cry Jen? Why are you afraid I'm going to judge you?"

She stilled, hands wiping the last place as she dragged down her hand again, warming it under the sheets as she sighed shakily before turning her head towards her friend, eyes finally meeting her.

"I'm not afraid of your judgment Jisoo. I'm afraid of the way you will react again"