Chapter Three - Day One

"Who the fuck do they think they are? They can't just march in and decide everything for us!"

Annabeth sighed. "Jason, please, just let it go. We're here now, there's no sense in complaining."

"For once, I agree with Annabeth," Nico spoke up, cutting Jason off before he could reply. "Not right now Jason. We're all miserable, let's just deal with it."

"Who's ready for a road trip?"

Jason grit his teeth but didn't say anything as the figure appeared. Nico pat his shoulder, sending him an appreciative look.

"Where are we staying?"

"The Argo III, of course."

They all looked amongst themselves, confused.

"Valdez created a blueprint for it, my crew constructed it."

"If you have a crew, why are we going?" Piper asked, wrinkling her nose. "Shouldn't you guys be dealing with this?"

"They're my crew, not Earth's. Unfortunately, no more than one operative is allowed per mission."

"Why?" Annabeth asked, frowning.

"It's to allow for the process of natural selection. We are, for lack of better terms, the best of the best. It wouldn't be... fair... if everyone survived."

Everyone went uneasily quiet at that. 

"My name is Proditor. I will be your captain, commander, and boss, no questions asked. Understood?"

"What happened to the other guy- Solus?" Annabeth asked, brows furrowed. Everyone had thought this was the same person.

When everyone looked between themselves, staying silent, he repeated his previous question, completely ignoring Annabeth. "I said, do you understand?"

They all mumbled affirmative answers to which he scowled. "I'm sorrowful to know this is what has become of this group. I watched the giant war, I saw what you were capable of. What is this I see now?"

"Well, clearly, you're missing a person," Jason grit his teeth, hands clenching.

"One person," the figure repeated, frowning. "His death shouldn't have meant the destruction of your teamwork and skills."

Jason was clearly about to respond, but a second figure appeared next to the first- looking the exact same, with the glitched features that made it hard to look at them. "Proditor, there's an issue at HQ. Vivo requires help."

"Is she stable?"

"Yes, but not for long. Opening a portal to the Void is extremely difficult- she needs your help."

"But the crew- You can't-"

"That is an order, Proditor. Assume your station."

Proditor sighed before disappearing. "Yes, sir. Good luck."

"You too. Watch over Es for me."

"Of course."

Proditor disappeared, leaving onto Solus and the crew.

"What's happening? Who's Vivo?" Annabeth immediately questioned, looking suspicious.

Solus stood to face the group of young adults, hands clasped firmly at the small of his back. "Vivo is the one opening the seam of the Void. She needs help making sure it only opens enough for our ship, lest other entities escape."

"And who was the Proditor dude?" Leo asked, also looking at unease with the situation.

"My second in command. Any other pointless questions before we go?"