{ Endless Loops } [ Kronii x Mumei ] ( Squid Game AU )

The next game has finally started and everyone had been paired. Mumei walked towards her pair, Kronii.

“Hey, Kronii,” The ash-haired girl leans closer to the taller girl with a smile on her lips. “it's a nice surprise to see you make it this far”

As Kronii turned her head to face Mumei, she huffed and respond with her usual sasiness.

“Of course, I would make it here”

With everyone already paired up, Kronii and Mumei followed with the instructions of the people in red uniforms.

How did they even get here, you ask?

Well, Bae just happened to almost cause a destruction and Mumei decided that putting up her drawing on the hospital inside an old man's room fun. Let's just say, they got fined for almost a hundred billion for that.

Now they're here if that makes any sense as to why they got here.

As the game carries on, Kronii knew that this game of marbels is impossible for the pair to win together. She tried keeping herself calm but upon feeling herself sweat, she felt Mumei's hand on top of hers.

“Calm down, Kronii” Mumei smiled reassuringly

“H-how could I-”

“Isn't this just nothing to you?”

Kronii blinks in surprise before smiling at her, as if her worries were gone. She nodded then focus back on the game.

Atlas, when both discovered their bag. Kronii found her marbel and cheered in silence. But when she looks at her pair, she only saw Mumei smiling at her.

“### and ### will be eliminated

Kronii stood there frozen when she heard the loaded gun, her heart felt heavy somehow. And yet the sight of Mumei standing there with a smile made her feel like she lost the game

“I had fun, Kronii”

The sound of the gun filled the building and she could only stand there. Watching the girl's body slumps down with blood spluttering around the walls.

————————————————

The next game has finally started and everyone had been paired. Mumei walked towards her pair, Kronii.

“Hey, Kronii,” The ash-haired girl leans closer to the taller girl with a smile on her lips. “it's a nice surprise to see you make it this far”

As Kronii turned her head to face Mumei, she looks back at her with widened eyes.

“M-mu..mei?” her voice shakes as she called the girl's name.

Mumei only raised a brow before looking at the others who has finally grouped up. With everyone already paired up, Mumei immediately took Kronii's hand and guide her to prepare the game.

Kronii was too shaken up to think properly. It felt like everything was just a dream but which was the reality of it all?

As the game carries on, Kronii spaced out until Mumei tap on her shoulder.

“Calm down, Kronii” Mumei smiled reassuringly

“H-huh?”

“Isn't this just nothing to you?”

Kronii stared at Mumei in silence. She wondered why does this seem so familiar. But, eventually she nodded her head and went along with the game.

Atlas, when both discovered their bag. Kronii found her marbel and stared at it in silence. When she looks at her pair, she only saw Mumei smiling at her.

“### and ### will be eliminated”

Kronii stood there frozen when she heard the loaded gun, her heart felt even heavier. And yet the sight of Mumei standing there with a smile made her feel like she's losing her mind.

“I had fun, Kronii”

The sound of the gun filled the building and she could only stand there. Watching the girl's body slumps down with blood spluttering around the walls again.

——————————————

The next game has finally started and everyone had been paired. Mumei walked towards her pair, Kronii.

“Hey, Kronii,” The ash-haired girl leans closer to the taller girl with a smile on her lips. “it's a nice surprise to see you make it this far”

As Kronii turned her head to face Mumei, she looks back at her with lifeless eyes.

“Kronii? What's wrong?”

“Nothing.” Kronii shakes her head before going to the grouped up people

With everyone already paired up, they both listened to the instructions.

Kronii was processing everything figured out that everything was in a loop. She decided to choose a different option and help Mumei win the game this time.

As the game carries on, Kronii choose the other bag while Mumei took the other she had gotten before.

Kronii stared at Mumei in silence before checking the bag of marbels. And to her surprise, it has the winning colorful one. As she turned her head, she saw Mumei's bag was not filled with one again.

“### and ### will be eliminated”

Kronii stood there frozen and shock when she heard the loaded gun, her heart felt even heavier. And yet the sight of Mumei standing there with a smile made her feel like she's losing her mind even more.

“I had fun, Kronii”

The sound of the gun filled the building and she could only stand there. Watching the girl's body slumps down with blood spluttering around the walls again.

Kronii clenched her hand into a fist while staring at Mumei's body.

Nothing makes sense.

——————

Mumei looks at Kronii with a sad smile before approaching her after they got assigned together again.

“Hey Kronii” she leaned in closer while smiling. “It's a nice surprise to see you make it this far”

She didn't mean by how Kronii had gone through the game, but rather Mumei was aware of the time loop.

Mumei had been looking for a way to get them out of here without the other dying anymore. And yet nothing worked but she was determined to go through many endless loops with Kronii.

————————————