"She took my breath"

// Maki x Umi // Part 1

Maki took a sip of her coffee, her legs crossed, with a newspaper in her left hand. She glance at her girlfriend from the corner of her eyes before a shade of pink blush form on her cheeks.

"Umi..." She called the woman's name, putting down the cup on the coffee table. Her hands folding the newspaper neatly as she put it aside while leaning in closer to her girlfriend.

Umi turned her head from the news on the TV screen towards her red head girlfriend. While raising a brow, she replied with her usual calm and soothing voice that sends shiver down Maki's spine. "Yes, Maki?"

Both of the former music composer and lyric writer has started dating after graduating in College. They are still in touch with the rest of the μ's members, of course, and usually they are getting teased by both Nico and Honoka when they started showing more obvious tensions that is undeniably romantic.

Maki was the one who confessed, she did seem really hesitant, even denial. But in the end, she mustered up her courage to confess to the woman she had been so attached to. They were really, really flustered, to the point that both didn't know which one confessed first.

Umi felt the same way towards the composer, as she had always admire her despite Maki's standoffishness and sometimes really stubborn. Thanks to the times they spent together while making music, she had finally understood what's beneath the seemingly aloof woman who she thought was always so up-tight despite herself.

It has been a year since then but just to be clear. None of them had ever made a move to be more intimate like kissing or anything further other than holding hands and cuddling.

So, that's why Maki decided to confront her girlfriend, even though she's putting her pride on the line once again. "We've been dating for a year, right..." she trailed off with the pink shade on her cheek slowly darkening into red.

With a raised brow, Umi tilted her head to the side. "Yes, that's right" she nodded while staring at Maki. "Is something the matter?"

'Ok, this is so embarassing.' Maki thought to herself while averting her girlfriend's gaze. She took a moment to breath, composing herself before looking up at Umi, her purple eyes looking into the woman's hazel ones. As she opened her mouth, the sight of her girlfriend's curious gaze with a tilt of her head manage to take her breath away. She almost forgot to breath.

Maki eventually leaned forward, resting her chin on the crook of Umi's neck.

"Maki!?" Concern and flustered was evident in Umi's tone while her cheek tinted with pink shades.

Today's winner is Umi Sonoda