The Search for Zeus's Oversized Fire-Cracker

Percy POV:

I near Thalia's pine tree, I see Annabeth already standing there. I go and sit down under the tree for shade and wait for Grover. Annabeth glares at me and asks, "Why are you sitting down?" I sigh and reply, "For a daughter of Athena, you are not so smart. I am waiting for Grover. And I'd rather sit under the tree and get shade, rather than standing in the sun." She blushes in embarrassment.

Half an hour later, I see Grover coming towards us. And behind him comes Chiron. Chiron gives us some words of encouragement before Argus herded us into the car.

After half an hour, we finally arrived to town. I rushed out of the car, desperate to get away from Annabeth being an annoying bitch. We get on a bus and I immediately sense the Furies. The Furies board the bus and block the way out by crossing their legs aside. I smirked and decided to test Annabeth. The furies stalked Annabeth down the aisle. Annabeth puts her cap on goes invisible.

I sigh and go towards the Furies; I uncap Riptide and slash the Furies altogether and in result they turn to dust. With the Furies disintegrated into gold powder. When the bus stopped, we got off and Annabeth shimmered into existence next to Grover.

"How could you leave us like that, Annabeth?" shouted Grover. She replies, "I'm the daughter of Athena, you need me and I am the most important."

Before the argument could escalate, I cut them off. "Don't waste your breath Grover, she can't help that she's a coward," I said.

I turned towards Annabeth and put my sword on her throat and said in a demonic voice, "DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MOMENT I CAN'T KILL YOU DAUGHTER OF ATHENA. IF YOU DO THIS AGAIN, I WILL KILL DAUGHTER OF ATHENA OR NOT. UNDERSTOOD??" She starts shivering, tears threaten to leak and she sacredly nods her head. I turn my head to Grover and say, "Let's go."

We were walking along the road when suddenly a heavenly aroma drifted past us. I looked around and spotted an old but regal building. The sign hanging above read 'Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium.'

We start to go inside and Medusa greets us. She invited us and tuned to make burgers for us, I called out, "Alright fun's over, you're not fooling anyone, Medusa. Well, you might fool the idiots, but not me."

She looked shocked for a minute but quickly covered it with a small smirk. "How did you figure it out?" she asked. "Oh please, I could sense you from a mile and the snakes hissing even before we came in," I replied.

As she went to unravel her veil, Annabeth shouted, "Don't look into her eyes."

I closed my eyes and sensed Medusa in front of me. I uncapped Riptide and sprinted towards her and cut her head of.

After returning her to Tartarus I turned around and said, "Come on we have to keep moving. We'll take the bus heading to west and see where it will take us," I said but I knew exactly where are headed.

We walked until we reached a bus station. We boarded the bus and unfortunately Annabeth was sitting next to me with Grover behind me. I sighed and we rode the rest of the way in silence.