Shield

~Time Skip~

Percy POV:

Right, so now we are facing the mother of all monsters and her precious son and Annabeth is standing protectively over a fainted Grover. She is only doing this because of what I said, when she left us alone to fight the furies. I almost feel bad for Athena, for having a daughter with such a big ego, but then again Athena to does have it.

"Come demigods, and let us kill you," said Echidna. I snorted, and drew Riptide as the Chimera lunged towards Annabeth and Grover. I swiftly swung my sword and cut of the Chimera's poisonous tail, causing a piercing shriek to erupt from the Chimera. It turned to me and I could see its neck was turning red. I blasted water at it. As gold dust rained down on us, an agonizing scream came from my right.

"You killed my son and for that you will pay!" screamer Echidna. She lunged towards Annabeth and as much as I'd like to see her get ripped to shreds, where's the benefit of letting a quest member die. Besides I'll have my revenge, just later on.

Before Echidna could claw at Annabeth, I thrusted Riptide through her back. She froze in midair and slowly crumbled to dust. Annabeth faced me, wide eyed.

"You saved me," she said, throwing herself at me.

She tried to smothered me in a hug, she also went in for a kiss but I quickly pushed her off. I looked over at Grover and he's still out cold. Then I realized the glass window had broken somewhere in between the fight. I grabbed Grover and took him out of the building. I jumped down from the building to the river, and went deep inside.

~Time Skip till Percy comes out~

We had to go to Santa Monica, so I decided to head to Las Vegas first, rest there and then head to Santa Monica. I tell Grover and Annabeth my plan. Grove nodded at me while Annabeth was grumbling under his breath about how she is supposed to be leader. I rolled my eyes again and started walking along the road. The rest followed and not long after, we reached a small diner. Since the two of them were complaining about being hungry, we went in.

"What can I get ya?" Said a waitress approaching our table. "3 cheeseburgers with fries and soda. Please." I spoke. "Can you even pay for all that?" She asked, eyeing us suspiciously. "Of course, we can." I said, pulling out my credit card. She nodded and sashayed off. "Where did you even get that?" Annabeth asked me.

"That's for me to know and you to never find out," I replied in a sing song voice.

The door suddenly chimed. I looked over and felt my eyes widen. It's the diner where Ares asks us to retrieve his shield and as a 'thank you gift' he gives us a backpack containing the lightning bolt. Ares plopped down on a chair opposite us and I could see Grover and Annabeth get angry in the presence of Ares. Since I'm Chaos' son, I'm not affected by him. It was the usual 'Hey I'm a god so you have to do what I say. So, I say go get my shield that I lost. Ok thanks bye.' Annabeth and Grover ended up getting the bastard's shield. I gave them 45 minutes to find.

Since they'll take some time, I decide to teleport myself to a nearby mall. It was small but there were lots of shops here. I changed my appearance to 18 years old because a 12-year-old wandering around a mall by himself is a little weird and suspicious. Someone might mistake me for a lost boy or something.

As I walked through the mall, I could feel eyes on me. I know I'm good looking but I'm still uncomfortable with the attention. I walked through the mall but nothing caught my attention. Finally, I gave up on walking around aimlessly and decided to see how the idiots were doing. I reverted back to my 12-year-old form. Then I teleported to the amusement park and almost laughed at the sight. Annabeth was cowering from the mechanical spiders and Grover was trying save Annabeth. I waited at the entrance for the two. When they came out, Grover passed the shield to Ares, and being the oh so generous god he is, gave us a ride west on a smelly, animal infested truck and the backpack containing the bolt. But don't worry I'll unlock the animals' cages and help them escape. I wonder if the lion would eat Annabeth if I asked nicely. Nah, she's probably too sour and bitter for the poor lion.

The truck started moving and we headed out for Las Vegas.

Sorry guys for the long update. I have exams from 5th November. So, the next 2 updates might be the last. Don't worry I will be back around 17th November as that is when my exams finish. And don't worry I will upload 2 chapters by the end of October. Right now the chapters are small, but don't worry after the exams they will be large, as at that time will go into the juicy stuff, such as Artemis finding Percy. 

Je Na, 

Zafeldaf