Two : Mission Impossible

thanks for staying!

------

"Good day, may I see your invitations?" said by the guard in the entrance. It's normal to ask for an invitation, hindi ka makakapasok kung wala ito.

Walang imik ko namang ipinakita ang gold bar na pinadala kasama nung letter. The guard examined it for a sec and smile at me. "It's an honor to see you, Knight Gabriella. Please come in."

"I'll be off then." napatingin naman ako kay Louis. "Let's bond again soon." inayos nya ang mask na nakatakip sa muka ko at ngumiti. "Bye!"

Louis Antoni Ellianai, having the title of 'Duke' doesn't really mean to him that much. He's a carefree person and clingy in secret. Bata palang kami ay magkakilala na dahil pareho ang ugali at mga hilig namin. Our families even tried to match us once. You can say that he is my childhood sweetheart though. But now, he's like a caring brother I never had.

He got into the carriage and wave at me. I waved back and wait until the carriage is out of the premises before going in.

Marami pa akong nadaanan bago makita ang pintuan ng palasyo. You can notice that there's no portrait of the crown prince. His identity has always been a secret since his birth.

Pagpasok ko dito ay hindi na ako nabigla sa pagiging magarbo nito at dumiretso na sa main hall.

She was about to open the door when a knight blocked her path. "The king is with an audience now. Please wait at the corridor."

She nodded. "Is that going to take long?"

"No, Knight Gabriella."

"Okay then,"

Tumabi sya dito at tumayo sa gilid ng pinto. A king is with an audience huh? I wonder who is it.

A few minutes later the big wooden door swung open and reveal a elegant man in his 40's. He has a proud and handsome face. Hindi mo aakalain na matanda na ito kung wala ang mga kaunting wrinkles nito sa muka.

"Father," she hesitantly said. Ayaw nya man itong tawagin ngunit gusto nya pa din magbigay galang.

Her father stop and without looking at her then he said, "Follow me."

"But the king-" she tries to find an excuse.

Once again, with a stern voice,"I said, follow me."

She sighed in defeat and followed her father. He stops when they're in a corridor far from the main hall.

Her father immediately looked at her. There's a tone of disaprovement when he looks at her head to toe. Hindi nya pinansin ang tingin nito at nanatiling yumuko.

"Well, isn't this the rebellious daughter of mine. What are doing here with a man's clothing, huh? A fine young ladies are supposed to wear dresses!" her dad even pointed at her. "Look what happened to your porcelain skin! Now, tanned and covered with scars. I've been treasuring you all your life and this is how you repay me?!"

She knew it will turned out like this. This is the reason why she doesn't want to go to the palace at the first place. "Father, please calm down."

"How can I calm down?! You waste that talent and face of yours just to do barbaric works!" her father's face frowned with disappointments. "Also, covering your face with that piece of cloth is like an insult."

Her father is Gabriel Etni Demetrius, the right hand man of the king. Since she was a child, she knew her father is very vigilant to her every move. He likes to put things in order.