Chapter two

"Sparrowkit!" Plumkit raced towards him, "Play with meeeee!"  Plumkit tackled him and pinned him to the floor. "Plumkit!" Softpaw yowled, "No playing, like I told you!" She pushed him back in the nursery. Rosekit was asleep next to Figpelt but Hazelkit was talking to Sunkit, Fallenkit, and Wildkit. Plumkit walked up to them. "Plumkit, I heard that Hollowstep and Ashdapple are retiring when we become apprentices." Hazelkit was always around the warriors so she had all the gossip. "Plumkit!" Sunkit takeled him to the floor. Softpaw walked in and dragged him into the medicine den. "How many times do I have to tell you to not play." Plumkit wasn't listening to her. Softpaw gave up and went back to sorting herbs. "I'm almost as old as you" Plumkit muttered.

Hollystar lept onto the high rock and called a clan meeting. Plumkit, Wildkit, Rosekit, Hazelkit, Sunkit, Fallenkit, and Sparrowkit we're all groomed and ready to go. Petalleap, Figpelt, and Elmleaf looked ready to burst with pride. "I've called you together for one of the most important moments in the life of a Clan.Plumkit, Wildkit, Rosekit, Hazelkit, Sunkit, Fallenkit, and Sparrowkit have reached their sixth moon, and it's time for them to become apprentices. Come forward. Plumkit, from this day until you receive your warrior name, you will be called Plumpaw.

StarClan, I ask you to guide this new apprentice. Set her paws on the path she must follow to become a warrior. Foxflame. You will be mentor to Plumpaw. You are a loyal warrior and your battle skills are outstanding. I know that you will pass these qualities on to Plumpaw.(And she did the rest of the kits; Wildpaw to Lionfur, Rosepaw to Petalleap, Hazelpaw to Hollowstep, Sunpaw to Cloverclaw, Fallenpaw to Figpelt, and Sparrowkit to Ashdapple) Hollystar leaped off of the rock and to her mate; Sprusewhisker. They talked in hushed tones and walked over to Plumpaw. "Hello! As you know, I am Hollystar." Hollystar smiled at him, "I have been looking for you for as long as I have been leader." Plumpaw was shocked. Not only the leader was talking to him, of all cats, but she was looking for him, what?! Plumpaw chuckled nervously. "N-no you got the wrong cat, maybe you were looking for Wildpaw?" He ran over to Foxflame to start his training. "First we will go over the territory," Foxflame thought for a moment, "then we will come back and you will tend to the elders." 

Plumpaw was back at camp and had just settled down by a fat vole. "M-May I join you?" A voice asked from behind him. He turned around and saw Softpaw, the medicine cat apprentice. His heart gave a little flutter and he nodded. He settled in beside him. STOP THAT! a voice inside his head yowled, NO, NO NO! Plumpaw ignored the voice and bit down into the vole. Wildpaw walked past them and looked at him with the weirdest face. "Ooooo" he whispered. Plumpaw wanted to shut him up. Softpaw got to his feet and said, "Bye, Plumpaw!" Plumpaw's ears heated up as he shyly said, "Bye, Softpaw!" Wildpaw ran up to him right after he disposed of the vole. "WHAT WAS THAT!" He yowled. "Nothing!" Plumpaw said to him. They kept arguing until he finally fell asleep. He woke up in a moonlit night landscape in greenleaf, a land of mist and shadows.