Chapter six

"I wanted to ask you something." Hollystar sighed. "I want you to become a stay-at-camp helper." In her eyes was joy and sadness mixed. "You may still be a warrior apprentice but you can't hunt. So all you can do is battle train and help the elders. I'm sorry." Plumpaw was shocked. He nodded while holding back tears. "Come on." Foxflame nudged him out of the den. Plumpaw was used to seeing the normal ten ghost-StarClan-cat. He saw another cat. "Bumbleflight?" Bumbleflight ran over to him. "Hi, I've been looking for you!" Bumbleflight was bouncing. "Krestleblossom is expecting kits!" Plumpaw noticed a mottled gray she-cat with white splotches like kestrel feathers with blue eyes, a mottled silver she-cat with white spots and green eyes, and a silver tabby she-cat with blue eyes. He suddenly recognized Krestleblossom, Echoblossom, and Spottedflight. Krestleblossom's belly was quite round. "Great!" Plumpaw's voice broke in the end. "Are you ok?" Echoblossom took at step forward. "FINE! Fine!" Plumpaw said. Echoblossom and Spottedflight looked at each other. 

"We wanted you to meet some of our friends." Two cats came out. "Hi, I'm Boulderspring!" A large, dark grey tabby cat came out of the warrior den. "And I'm Fernwhisker!" a gray and yellow tabby tom with green eyes hopped over. Plumpaw had seen them a lot around camp. "I-I have to go see my... friend." Plumpaw started speed-walking over to the medicine cat den. He poked his head in and saw Softpaw's fluffy, curly, ginger fur. Plumpaw didn't see Birdsong so he sneaked up behind him. "Softpaw." He jumped on top of him. "Ahhhh!" Softpaw stopped yowling when her recognized Plumpaw. His face softened. "Hi!" Softpaw's sweet green eyes looked at him. "Hey!" Plumpaw got off of him. "Look what I found!" Softpaw walked over to his nest and moved it to the side. A hole, big enough for a almost a kitted queen, was under it. Softpaw stepped in. Plumpaw followed him in. He found, inside the hole, a large room. He was excited to decorate the room and found some light.