Chapter eight

"Coalpaw, Ravenpaw, Sunpaw, Softpaw, Sparrowpaw, Wildpaw, Hazelpaw, Rosepaw and Plumpaw." Plumpaw heard Hollystar yowled. "Come here." The eight apprentices ran out of the apprentice den. Plumpaw stayed in feeling like a piece of poop. Foxflame and Birdsong had caught him and Softpaw cuddling. His cheeks were still wet from crying all night. "Plumpaw." A voice called from the entrance. Beestinger walked in. "Rosepaw told me you and Softpaw got caught." Plumpaw picked his head up to see Beestinger next to Rosepaw with Rosepaw very close. "You together yet?" Plumpaw joked. Rosepaw looked embarrassed and took a step to the side. He got up and congratulated them. He saw everyone starting at him. He perked his ears up and put his head and tail up as her ran to Softpaw. Softpaw purred. Hollystar came over to them. "Beestinger and Rosepaw came out." Hollystar reported. "It seems you have too."

"I bet you're only doing it to get attention!" Mapleleaf had taken him to "train." "You know everyone hates you, you just want attention. Softpaw hates you!" Mapleleaf scratched his nose making it bleed. Blood was gushing out of it. Tears came pouring out of his eyes. "WIMP!" Mapleleaf snarled. Mapleleaf pinned him down. Dreamkit and Crystalkit came with a black she-cat with spiky fur. "Mapleleaf?" The spiky she-cat growled. "I expected this from Oatclaw but you? I thought Fogecho raised you right." Fogecho? Does she mean Fogstar? Plumpaw thought, Who did she have kits with? Oh yea! Quickstar. Mapleleaf stared in horror at her. "W-w-what?" Mapleleaf stammered. "Are you Nightwing?" Plumpaw took a step towards her. "Yes, dear. I have seen you before." Plumpaw collapsed. "Plumpaw!" Crystalkit ran towards him.