Until I Return

Marcie sighed, and flopped onto her comfy bed. The sunlight shone onto her through the thin curtains on her windows, but she was in a foul mood.  She was still partly in shock from the news she had just heard from her parents.

Marcie was being sent away to a boarding school on the edge of her home town called "Saint Hared Academy & Finishing School". She had no idea for how long, and it seems her parents hadn't arranged that either, or they had decided to not tell her.  Marcie wanted to seize her pillow and scream until she was gasping for breath, but she knew her parents would ground her or punish her for stirring  her little brother, which actually turned out to be the reason she was leaving. 

Marcie loved her brother, Zach but her mother had recently decided Marcie was just a little too.. well, too much.

So right now, she was left sitting on her bed and to the side of her, an unpacked suitcase. 

"Marcie! When I come in that room in the next five minutes, that bag better have at least ten things in it!" Her mother yelled from downstairs.

"Already?" Marcie muttered to herself in disbelief. She sat up from the bed, her eyes nervously darted around  and jumped up, rushed to her drawers, pulled them open and seized the first few shirts on top.

"Mother!" Marcie rushed to the stairway, and yelled down the stairs, clutching her clothing. "I can't do this all so quickly! When do we even leave?"

"In ten minutes!" Her mother replied.

"Ten minutes?" Marcie exclaimed. She ran to her old leather suitcase and and stuffed her shirts in, and immediately rushing to her closet to pick out some pants and one nice outfit, throwing them into the case.

She put a few other things in, and swung the top of suitcase shut and latched it up, grabbed its handle and stomped down the stairs. Her mother stared at her with disapproval, and her father rolled his eyes,  focusing all of his attention on Zach. Her brother was throwing his wooden blocks to the floor, kicking his legs and screaming.  "Here's some sandwiches for you to take on the train," Her mother said, and pushed a few parcels wrapped in paper towards her.

"Thanks..," Marcie muttered, and awkwardly accepted them. She put it into her shoulder satchel, and watched her mother as she walked towards the front door of the house, unlocking it and pushing it open. 

Marcie sighed and began to walk to her mother. She could feel a nervous pit in her stomach developing. She glanced at her father and brother, and rushed over to Zach. She squeezed his hands. "I'll come back. I promise you that." She told him.

Zach looked at her for a few seconds, then returned to playing. Marcie rolled her eyes and stood up, following her mother out the door, but quickly turned back to the house. "Goodbye, Dad," She muttered, and turned on her heel out the door. 

The wind was brisk and fresh, and Marcie inhaled it with pleasure. The click of her mother unlocking the car reminded Marcie of what was to come. Her mother stepped in, and turned on the ingnition and signaled for her to follow. Marcie pushed open the trunk, stuffed her suitcase in and slammed the trunk shut, immediantely regreting it, seeing her mothers scowl through the side mirror.  

Marcie walked over to the door, pulled it open and, relunctantly, stepped inside. 

104 Awayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें