Chapter 19

FEDERICO

While the other restaurant is more ideal for circulating gossip, considering its high profile location, I can't deny I prefer this venue because it's less pretentious.

It reminds me of the restaurants in Italy, with a more rustic feel to it. Small lanterns overhang on every booth. While the tables spread throughout the room have candles, giving the dining room a soft dim glow. The ceilings are A-framed, with skylights letting in the moonlight and the walls are adorned with several paintings and portraits of nude women in different positions.

It's a very sensual atmosphere and my mind wanders back to what happened between Elenora and I outside of the hotel.

"This way Signore," The maître d' interrupts my thoughts and guides us through the restaurant as I take Elenora along with me, holding her hand. I've grown accustomed to the lingering stares, but as several women in the restaurant stop eating to stare as I walk by, Elenora purses her lips in annoyance.

Maybe she needs reassurance. I let go of her hand and place mine near the top of her ass, half expecting her to slap my hand away or for her to unleash a shitload of insults, but she doesn't.

Progress.

But as usual she finds a way to deflate my positivity. "Pretty bold of you to think they're looking at you, Rico. I shouldn't be surprised with that huge ego of yours. I guess its size has to make up for other areas you're lacking." My head snaps in her direction as I glare at her.

The maître d clears his throat to grab our attention. "Will this do, Signore?" The table is in a more secluded part of the room, but we are still in view of some of the other patrons, just not as close to them.

"Yes, Marcel, thank you." I pull Elenora's chair out for her to sit, but instead of scooting it in closer I pull it out further and she lands ass first on the ground. Marcel rushes to help her up while I sit down in my chair.

"Fucking asshole." She mutters as she straightens in the chair.

Marcel eyes us both before he addresses me. "W-would you care for any wine tonight, Signore?"

"Yes, bring me a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon."

"Right away, Signore." He scurries away, no doubt wanting to get away from dealing with us more than he has to.

Elenora glances around the restaurant. "This place is really nice." She picks up the menu and her eyes widen.

"Don't order by looking at the prices, Elenora." I glance at the incoming text I receive from Domani.

"Are you always working? There's hardly a moment when your phone isn't in your hand or your face isn't plastered to it."

I lift my eyes to see the aggravated look on her face. "Does that bother you?"

"If we're doing all of this for show, it would be nice if you seemed more interested in your date than your damn phone."

I set my phone down and slide my chair next to hers. I grab the leg of her chair and pull her even closer to me. I pick up her hand, bringing it to my lips, peppering soft kisses down to her wrist, all the while keeping my eyes on hers. Her pulse quickens under my fingers.

I hear the small hitch in her breathing pattern when I lean in closer, and rest my hand on the back of her neck. I graze my nose down the side of her neck reaching the top of her collar bone. Her sweet scent is clouding my mind and I brush my lips against her tempting skin. The erotic thoughts I had earlier when I was touching her for the first time begin flashing in my mind.