Scars// Amelia Shepherd.

TW---- self harm, mentions of self harm. Parental neglect/ @buse. drug use.

Reader is 15 and a patient at Grey Sloan memorial.

You were being transported out of the ambulance and into the ER of Seattle Grace hospital. You had been found in the park with your wrists and thighs slit and a large cut on your forehead from where you fainted and hit your head on a rock.

"Someone page Amelia Shepherd. Make sure there's no internal bleeding."

loads of doctors rushed around you, trying to stop the bleeding and get you stable. The cloths they'd been holding to your wrists had already absorbed all the blood they could and were being swapped as Amelia walked in.

"Oh my god... what happened? Who is this?" she asked, stood in the doorway like a moron.

"Unknown 15 year old girl found in the park. She slit her wrists and thighs. She's lost a significant amount of blood and hit her head pretty hard when she fainted of blood loss," Alex informed her as the EKG sped up rapidly "Ok little help Amelia she's dying,"

He started doing CPR. After a few minutes of that and having to shock you once to get you heart started again, you were doing better.

"Can we hang some more blood? o-neg," every order given was immediately followed, no one was taking any chances. Once you were stable, you were being wheeled up to CT to make sure the rock hadn't damaged your brain in any way.

While you were having the scan done, Amelia was sat at the computer waiting for the images to appear. Her heart was racing, she was scared. This was all too familiar to her, the cuts, the blood, all of it.

"Dr. Shepherd, the girl's toxicology reports came back negative. She's sober," just then, a series of images appeared on the screen. Amelia studied them closely, taking in everything, and careful not to miss anything.

"Good. Her CT came back clear, no internal bleeding, just a very minor concussion. She should be fine," The door closed quickly as the intern left the room. Once the door was closed, a tear slipped from Amelia's eye and soon enough she was sobbing, bringing her knees up to her chest on the chair. She tried to be as quiet as she could, not wanting anyone to hear her, but when Derek walked in, she knew she had been caught.

"Hey- Amy.. what's wrong?" he pulled up a chair beside her, placing his hand on her shoulder and rubbing his thumb in soft circles. "Talk to me.. what happened?"

Amelia didn't lift her head from her knees. She just shook her head, still crying and taking the occasional shaky breath. "it's fine Derek. I-I'm fine,"

"Amy...I know you. You're not ok, and you need to tell me why, that was I can help you." he moved the chair closer to her and positioned himself so his arm was draped over her shoulder, pulling her into his side. His other hand was holding hers tightly.

"She's only 15...Derek she's 15. and she's just like I was at that age, except she's sober. She's fricking sober. That means there's a real reason for her to be hurting herself and it's not just the drugs messing with her head,"

"Ok... Amy, I need you to breathe.... just breathe," the room soon fell silent, Amelia's cries had quieted down. The once comfortable silence was soon interrupted when one of Meredith's interns knocked on the door.

"Miss Shepherd... The girl's awake but wont let any male doctors near her. Meredith told me to come find you because she's in surgery right now and doesn't know when she'll be out," he was stood just outside the doorway, clearly too scared to walk in.

"ok.. thanks. I'll be there in just a second," he nodded and walked away quickly. The second he was gone, Amelia stood up and wiped her eyes. "I gotta go.. but I'll see you at home tonight," she walked out quickly, careful to avoid any more questions from her brother.