Ch. 19 - Oops

When you got back to your room you spent the rest of the afternoon with laying down with a damp rag on your face, hoping that would help ease your stomach troubles. Come the evening, most of your pain had subsided and having spent the afternoon in thought, you came to the conclusion you should visit Gojo.

You got ready, dressing comfortably and casually, and headed out to the station. Tuning out the world with your headphones, you watched the world go by while seated on the nearly empty evening train. 
When you approached his door, hoping he'd be in there, you were hesitant to knock. Eventually, you bit the bullet and took the plunge - shaky knuckles hitting the black wood.

It took a moment, but Gojo eventually answered the door. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and his skin looked relatively sticky. He still had his blindfold on but his cheeks were slightly reddened. Your breathing hitched as soon as you realized.

"Y/N?" He greeted, unexpecting of your visit.

"S-sorry," you backed up, "I didn't mean to disturb you. I'll...check back later." You turned and began walking down the hallway.

"Wait...wait a minute," Gojo walked into the hallway half-naked and you paused, turning to look at him. "I'll go get dressed and I'll meet you in the lobby. Just give me a minute." You gulped and nodded, then leaving and taking the elevator down. 

You sat on one of the couches in the lobby, just as luxurious as the rest of the building. Your eyes stayed focused on the elevator to see when Gojo would arrive. Eventually, he came down the elevator and made his way to you.

"Hey," he sighed, taking a seat with you. He was casually dressed as well, blindfold now replaced with sunglasses. "What's up?" He was trying to be a bit kinder than he had been in the past few weeks. He knew that time spent giving you the cold shoulder was taking its toll. Something in his tone told you that he had an inkling of what you may be showing up at his door for.

"I...wanted to talk," you mumbled, staring at his lips instead of his eyes to avoid contact, "about us."

"Oh?" He wondered in a careful voice.

"But I guess it doesn't really matter anymore seeing that you've...moved on," you took in a deep breath. 

"No, it does," he said almost urgently, "I was alone actually. I haven't been with anyone else since...well...you," He blushed slightly. "do you want to head back up now?" You nodded, the two of you then quickly going back up the elevator. 

The two of you entered his place. The conversation felt too urgent to just simply plop down on the sofa. Gojo took a leaning stance at his kitchen island while you stood in front of him.

"Are you here about Nanami's call?" He asked casually. "Based on what he's told me, if it's true, at least I don't have to care about the elders beating me down about an heir anymore!"

"Wait...Nanami called you?" You wondered. "About what?" Gojo's face changed, almost startled.

"I thought you would've known what it was about," Gojo mumbled, "and you're telling me you have no idea what Nanami would have told me. Like, you don't even know..." he was baffled.

"Uh, no..." you said, slightly irritated and voice growing higher. "To be honest, I don't like that Kento called you about me without my knowledge."

"Right," Gojo nervously laughed, scratching his head before crossing his arms in front of him. "Hey...not to pry...but have you gotten your monthly?"

"Satoru!" You scolded. "I came here out of care and you're just...just...being a prick as always!" You said with balled up fists at your side.