chapter 1

JENNIE POV

I pulled my phone from my bag, surprised to hear my text tone go off. It's not like my dad would be texting me and I had no friends. I pulled it out my bag and squealed excitedly.

I c u xxx

The text read. I squealed again, unable to contain my excitement. It was from my favourite person in the world. I quickly replied a hurried text for her to come out her hiding spot. I saw her emerge from the McDonald's and I ran up to her.

"Rose!" I screamed.

"Jennie!" Roseanne cried.

My best friend pulled me into a massive bear hug. She hugged me tightly as we jumped around and around in a circle looking like two madmen. We slowly pulled away after a few minutes and went to sit down in McDonald's. I hadn't seen my best friend in almost two years ever since she moved up north with her parents to go to university. I was so glad that she had come to see me, the missing part of me returned. Though, knowing her as I knew myself, I could sense something was wrong with her. She was slightly less bubbly and her smile was slightly forced.

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Yeah. Good I guess," I replied, "Just a couple of .... Um how do I put this? Err bitches. You?"

"Yeah I'm not too bad," Rose replied, "School has been hell but what's new?"

I laughed, "Very true. How is studying to be a teacher?"

"Meh not too bad," she replied, "I'm working at a school for the next six months which should be fun."

"How come you've come to join me down here?" I laughed.

"Well I thought I'd spend time with my best friends and work in a school down here," Rose said. She then signed, "I can't lie to you..."

"Oh look! It's waby Jennie!" Sunmi, one of said bitches who I doubt ever really grew out of being high school queen bee, "You know you look better with gravy over your head!"

"Go away," I said feebly.

"What was that?" Sunmi teased, "Didn't hear you."

"She said back off bitch!" Rose shouted aloud, "Go stick your head back into someone's crotch."

"What's wrong fat Jennie?" Sunmi said, ignoring rose, "Have to get your lesbo girlfriend to fight your battles?"

"Look here you fifty pence pole dancer!" Rose yelled, harshly turning sunmi's face to face her, "Fuck off and leave my friend alone. Go suck a cock because that's the only thing you don't blow at. Oh wait you do."

"What? You gonna make me?" Sunmi sneered.

"God no! I'd never put a guy through a insufferable second rate blowjob," Rose snapped.

"Rose lets go!" I said.

I quickly got up and pulled Rose out her seat and out the fast food restaurant before she literally jumped on top of sumni and kicked her pretty little face in and made my life even more of a living hell both inside and outside of school.

"What was that about?" Rose interrogated as we walked away.

"Just a bitch," I replied shortly.

"Jen, is she bullying you?" Rose asked concerned

"It doesn't matter," I mumbled.

"It does matter! I'm not always gonna be here to help you!" She insisted, "What did she mean about gravy?"

"Just leave it. Please," I begged.

She sighed but didn't push any further, "Wanna go back to mine and order pizza?"