1

You hummed in annoyance as you gently tapped your drumstick on your worn out drum symbols, your knee bounced up and down anxiously the dragging cloth from your jeans dancing along with the unpaced rhythm,
you and your friends were in a band, well, garage band, and the least you can say you guys were good in your eyes (and ears).

You all shared an equal amount of talent on your instruments, from ages of practice and just luck of talent, course it was frustrating at first starting with all your teenage minds not getting it at first but within a few months in you all sounded like you've played for years, and you all enjoyed it, it became a lifestyle.
Meeting every weekend since highschool in your tiny little garage and singing, strumming and drumming your hearts out and after you welcomed everyone in your humble abode and offered snacks and hydrations to your friends.

Of course you weren't the one who thought of the band oh no, no, no that was all on Jamie.
Jamie was always into music, especially rock and metal, enjoying it to the music to the fashion. And its funny to think being off your mind's one night and a simple little question would start everything.

"What if we made a band?"

"Jamie your off your knockers we cant do that, we don't got the instruments, talent let alone money."

"Y/n do you forget my dad runs a guitar shop?"
Jamie smirked devilishly at you his eyes redder than his shirt. Then again it could be his eyeshadow making the redness pop. You gotta ask him to show you how to do it.

"What a universally coincidence." You said smirking back at him

And here you are today, now your asking, well why am i so anxious well,reader, you've been having a hard time finding a good beat to practice, it was becoming anxiously a bad habit that if you don't play at least everyday your talent will be *poof* gone.

You sighed heavily, feeling your chest release the tight not that was tying around your throat,
Running your painted nails threw your hair. You needed some air.

Your drumstick clacked against each other as you placed them on your bed, grabbing your patched hoodie and some shoes before heading out the door.

You headed down to the pier, thinking you could get an idea for a beat with either the music from the concert or the annoying games that mocked you into your money.

As you headed down more the road you could feel the slight cool autumn air mixed with the coolness of the ocean, it giving you a sensational shiver.
You enjoyed the pier, especially at night, all the lights and special shows at night, you even like how crowded it can get there, yeah you are an over the top "i cant look at someone the wrong way or they could want to kill me" person(basically overly paranoid) but with all the people it gave you a special feeling, like you were at a amusement park. You smiled. Today will be a good day
-
Stepping on the creaking, rotting wood of the pier you closed your body more in itself, fiddling with your necklace, having to physically force your self to stop from picking your lip. Alot of people here today.

The pier was full of different people, kids to elders. Every direction you saw punk girls, and jocky guys, You actually saw an old couple at a ring toss game, the old man tossing his rings, missing the three and getting the two left. His wife clapped her hands with a smile and pointed to a small beanie baby. The worker gave her the small bear and the man puffed out his chest proudly as he took his wifes arm around his.
Your heart swelled with joy as you saw this. Good to know theirs still good people in the world. You said shifting uncomfortably glaring at the board that was decorated with  missing person files.
Awful. You thought

You wonder around some more watching people scream and cheer from rides, games and udder amusement. You were closer to the end of the pier, the stage coming into view, you noticed a bunch of people gathered around it, is there a show? Walking closer you see multiple different people with instruments talking to each other. You saw a table were a group was huddled around, walking closer the group walked away showing a lady, seemingly the age of 30, sat there in a leather jacket, hair bigger than her head, but it was the 90's man you cant say anything.

"Hello?" You walked up to her

"Oh hello! Are you here to sign up?" She asked showing a bright smile

"U-uhm im sorry, sign up?" I scratched my neck nervously

"For show of course" she giggled and handed you a paper.
You gently took the paper and began to read it.
__________

DO YOU WANT TO PUT ON A SHOW FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE?

WELL SIGN UP FOR THE "STREET STAGES!"

ANYONE IS ABLE TO COME UP AND PREFORM FOR TONIGHT AND TONIGHT ONLY AT 8:00

ONLY FOR $40.00 FOR EACH BAND GROUP
__________

Your eyes widen. Well if that didnt give you any ideas then you dont know what would have.
You quickly looked back up at the women
"Were do i sign?"
-
After your little sign in you ran all the way back to your small home holding the flier in your hand.
You ran inside and quickly dialled numbers, almost breaking the wall the phone was connected too.

"Hello?-"
"JAMIE GET YOUR AND KATTYS ASS OVER HERE"
-
It wasnt long after your call that there was a nock on your door.
You open the wooden door with a frantic looking Jamie and katty.
"Y/nwhatthehellwhatsgoingonareyou-"
You held a hand up to kattys mouth

"I SIGNED US UP FOR A SHOW!!
______________

Uh heyso i honestly would like feed back on this story please i would like to know if this was good or not and what i can do to better this story