Chapter 52

After I left school with Ashton yesterday, there were rumors that Ashton and I were the ones who spiked the drinks at Michael's party. Because, apparently everyone from school minus Ashton, Kat and I went to that party. Someone saw us leaving with our friends after midnight. And after we left school yesterday, many of their videos of doing weird things at that party was uploaded on Facebook from an anonymous account.

And to make it worse, everyone's but our friends and siblings video was uploaded.

Now people started to believe it was us the whole time who were spreading those rumors.

Some said that it's me who started it then blackmailed Ashton info this. But most other things it's the other way around.

There's some more interesting theory that made me wonder if I should start to collect them and upload them on Wattpad.

And then after lunch, those posters of Ashton and mine were all over the school which twisted the tale. They're saying someone did it to take revenge on us.

When we arrive at Ashton's locker, Nyako is already waiting there. He nods at Ashton sadly. A massive crowd has gathered around the locker.

But they part to make way for Ashton to walk towards his locker. I follow after him. Some of the students send nasty looks in our way but I shrug them away. Now is not the time to worry about what people will say.

When we reach the lock, a gasp leaves my mouth.

'Leave this school if you want to keep your pity secret safe,'- is written with sprayed color on his locker. A rainbow is drawn on his locker.

"What's the meaning of all this?" I mumble and look at Ashton.

From the way his fists are clenched, I'm pretty sure he knows the answer.

"Ashton?" As soon as those words leave my mouth, Ashton punches his locker.

I flinch.

Students behind us cheers. I look at Owen and he nods at me. Then together, he and the other boys push the crowd away.

"But we want to know what happened!" A girl exclaims.

"Don't worry hun, if someone dies it'll be on the news tonight," Owen says and pushes the girl away.

"But we all know it's them who are doing it!" A boy shouts.

"Yes and we also know Kiara is cheating with Ashton over her boyfriend," his friend says.

This gets on my nerves. I turn around and shove the second guy against the locker.

"What did you say?" I glare at him. But Owen pulls me back.

Soon they all leave and it's just us and our friends. The rest of our committee arrives shortly with Cora.

"What happened?" Payton asks.

"I found it like this when he arrived this morning," Nolan says. "I told Asher and we went to look for Ashton."

Ashton punches his locker again. This time, an envelope falls out. I bend down to pick me.

"What is that?" I shrug and open it.