Connections

A few weeks had passed for the Moriarty Brothers and right now, William was looking over the articles detailing unsolved, unusual, unnatural deaths.

One Viscount was torn apart by a fish, species unknown.

Another was a repulsive Earl found dead from a raid gone wrong.

Another man was drained of all blood.

A Duke was found dead with no explanation to his cause of death except for the possibility of a heart attack.

And so on.

He had never been so confused yet so intrigued at the same time.

What's more is that he could not find a single lead that leads to the culprit.

Although he was amused.

All these deaths were causing a panic among the nobles, all of them becoming twitchy and always looking over their shoulder as if they would be taken by the Angel of Death next.

"You're still confused on those cases? Personally, someone is taking care them for us, and it's making the job easier." Moran said as he drank his whisky.

"Maybe, but it doesn't give me a lead on who is behind this." William said.

"A woman."

Huh? Fred suddenly spoke up? And voiced his opinion.

"If you looked at what these nobles were doing in the shadows, you'll see the connection. " Fred pointed out.

William thought that over.

Each of these victims preyed after women and children. Especially young ones.

And only a woman would feel passionate enough to arrange these deaths.

It made sense.

Then he thought back to a certain woman he met on the Noahtic. Now that he thought about it, where was she when the sword was possibly switched?

And could she be behind the carriage accident and saving the child?

He may have to pay her a visit he thought as he smiled, eyes glowing in amusement.