The Silver Stag Act 1

Shernette looked out the window of the train she and Watson were on.

Recently, the town they were heading to was known for its deer, but the numbers have been thinning out.

She decided to fix this problem if the culprit was a petty hunter. She'd give him a lesson.

"Is this another one of Death's requests?" Watson asked nervous.

"Might as well be. The numbers of deer in this particular town have dropping too fast, even for hunting season. Besides, my family's mascot is a Stag. I feel it's a personal duty of mine." Shernette said as she drank her tea.

"I see." Watson breathed in relief.

-----------------
The two of them arrived in town to their manor, to learn someone mixed up the housing and they have to live with three other people who were gonna be there temporarily. At least there were enough rooms.

"I'm heading to the forest. Don't wait up." Shernette said.
-------------
Once the afternoon rolled around, William found himself wondering about the town.

'Ah, and I get lost in the process.' As he was in a forest.

Then he sees a figure moving among the trees.

It was a Stag.

It's neck was a little slender, but that added to its noble air. The antlers were even, and it's fur was a pure white, as if it was glowing in the night.

He never saw anything like it.

The Stag stared at him some more, and then turned its head, looking back at William before walking slowly.

It wanted William to follow it.

Silently, William did and found himself at the manor. The Stag guided him to safety.

When he turned around, it was gone.

----------------

As William arrived home, he spotted Shernette arriving the same time he did.

"Ms. Holmes? What brings you here?" William asked.

"I'm staying here for the time being. This was my favorite place to see deer, but the numbers have been dropping at a suspicious rate. I felt I had to do something." Shernette shrugged. "I heard there was a mix up with the housing for the manor, so we're living together for a couple days."

"I see." 'Interesting. This could be an opportunity for me.'
------------
Next the hunter is tracked, William is confused, and he gets entranced by Shernette. Not that he knows...yet.

The Silver Stag Act 2