The Silver Stag Final Act

It would be Shernette's final day in town, and William hadn't found anything that could link her to any of the mysterious murders.

Then he recalled something.

The residents of this town held a strong belief that a ancient deity lived in the forest. Could the white deer have been that deity?

He went to an old couple who knew about the forest, and they told him of a deer God thought to live there. Apparently he had a white Stag as his accomplice.

And when danger befell the deer of the forest, they would be punished.

He noticed it was getting dark and he wound up lost again.

But then he saw the Stag again. Leading him back.

"Wait."

This time the Stag did.

William walked to the Stag giving it a pat along the nose as a thanks.

As he headed back, he noticed Shernette was packing stuff with Watson as they were heading back to London in the morning.

He saw some books stacked up and grabbed some.

"Frankenstein? Pride and Prejudice? The Scarlet Letter? Pamela? Interesting choices for books." He said as Shernette turned to face him.

"Do you tend to be nosy when it comes to analyzing your guests?" She asked in amusement.

"Only if they peak my interest."

"Didn't your mother ever teach you not to be nosy around a woman? And don't lie. I don't like liars."

".......I know better than to make a lady uncomfortable if it disgusts her." He whispered in her ear. " But I learned from Albert, I never knew my mother, Louis and I were adopted. All we had were each other." He half lied.

".....You never bothered to find who they were? That's sad."

?

"If you don't know where you came from, you never know where your life will take you in the future." She said catching him off guard.

Shernette got her stuff packed and stood up.

"Though this case ended with an accident, I was a little put down." William said referring to the dead hunter.

"To be honest, it would be interesting if you were his killer."

Shernette smirked inwardly as she started going up the stairs before pausing two steps in to look over her shoulder.

"Catch me if you can, Lord Moriarty." Shernette smiled making William stare at her.

But before she could walk up the stairs, William caught her hand.

Before either of them knew it, William kissed her hand.

"Just be careful as you head back. Or I won't be able to catch you, Miss Holmes."

While the scene pauses at what seemed to be a romantic moment, the shadows take shape of two demonic beings, one of Hellish Angel, and one of Death.

The next day, William found Shernette had left before he could ask her for more information, but then he smirked.

'Slipped away again. But she did give me a clue.'

Catch me if you can.

C.M.I.Y.C.
--------------
Plz comment!

What to do next?

I'm considering Irene coming into the scene.

Rather than a scandal, it's more of a big secret of the British Empire that could endanger some friends of Shernette's.

She must destroy those papers before word gets out.

Things that William and his brothers know are about to change.

Next time:
Secrets in the Shadows, Act 1