A New Game

Shernette had been in the magic trunk for a good portion of the day tending to the magical creatures with little problems.

Once she came out, she dressed out of her garments to relax in a simple suit, but then Hudson comes by the door.

"Shernette. You have a visitor. A Mr. Moriarty?"

Shernette looked surprised at that. Did he figure it out already?

Frowning, she rearranged her room with a wand wave and removed any evidence against her or about her being a Witch.

Then she changed her outfit and drank some Felix Felicus for luck. Better safe than sorry with this guy.

Then she walked down the steps to see William from the ship

"It's been a while. What brings you here?" Shernette asked.

"Well, I was hoping to ask a few things. Do you mind?" William smiled.

"Not at all, if you would join me for lunch. I was about to enjoy it outside."

---------William stared at the woman who looked like she was awaiting a question as they ate

---------
William stared at the woman who looked like she was awaiting a question as they ate.

"So, what is it you wanted to ask me?"

"Well, pardon me for saying so, but what do you think of the recent deaths that have been occuring?"

"The deaths of the nobles? I can't say for certain. Though some are mysterious even to me. Especially concerning the one with the strange fish. I visited the scene myself, but Scotland Yard came up as empty as me. But the fish was nothing I've seen. If I had to guess its a rare species and we just never saw one until now. At least it was killed before it could kill anyone else. The only clue I could find was a contract from an anonymous benefactor, possibly the one who sold that fish. I couldn't find a single lead though." Shernette shrugged as she gave William the contract.

Although he looked over it, the terms were perfectly legal.

"And though these deaths have been troublesome to some people, I can guess why it's happening.

The corrupt class system."

That got William's attention.

"To be honest, I can agree that some nobles don't deserve the titles given to them. They are still humans nevertheless, but a title doesn't give them the right to think themselves higher than others. The queen herself understands this when I visited her, to be honest, I was on the Noahtic at her request to catch Enders. She had been suspicious of him for a while. The last straw was when a child went missing." Shernette said catching William by surprise.

"Really?"

"Course. She wasn't too upset by him dying though. She was free to commence a clean up of his hunting grounds, and she plans to turn it into a plot land for a new orphanage. A simple pretext to drown out Enders' atrocities."

William nodded. "Well, I suppose Enders' loss is the commoners' gain."

"Anything else you wanted to ask me?"

"I think I asked all I want for now. I thank you for lunch though. I wish to meet up again." William smiled.

"It's no problem." Shernette said as he left.

'Well, you like to play games huh? I'll make one for you. We'll see who's the mouse and who's the cat.'

As William left, he was more confused than ever. Nothing about Shernette seemed suspicious.

--------
Three days later...

"William-nii-san. A letter came for you." Louis said that night.

William took the letter and silently gasped.

It had no name, or address but.....

It had THAT symbol.

He opened the letter and read it

'Hello Lord of Crime.

Yes, I know who you really are. And I know that you killed Enders.

But rest assured, no one else knows.

I request that you burn this after reading though.

If you want to know, I was behind the death of Strafmore. I thought Death by Guilt sounds like a proper punishment for him.

If you want to know, I'll give you a riddle of how I did it:

This creature takes on the guise of a beauty of myth. Some fairy tales say their tears become pearls. They can't speak or even sing above the ground or they risk death. Legends speak of them luring sailors to the ocean only to meet their doom. But they don't do it out of spite, it's because they are simply hungry.

I hope you can figure out this.

By the way. I wish to do a little competition.

I hear a pompous noble called Lord Grebine is coming from Northern England in a week. Rumors say he has an interest in occults and Black Magic, the type involving human sacrifices, and his victims consist of young women and children, virgins to be precise. And lately there's been a list of missing women and children from up there.

Let's have a race to see who gets him first.

I'll see you there~

C.M.I.Y.C.
M.O.D.'

William stared at the letter for a while only to end up smiling.

"So, there's another Lord of Crime who knows of me? Interesting." He said as he throws the letter into the burning fireplace.

Very well, he'll play this game.

"Louis. Assemble a meeting."

"Yes."
---------
What do you think?
Can William figure out the Riddle? Probably not since it is magic after all.

What would the reaction of William's group react to this turn of events and what William tells them?