Ch. 4

(I couldn't find a good theme, so uh...have this :3)

...

 A scream escaped Y/n's lips as an appendage shot its way to them. Just barely, they roll to the side, dodging the attack before jumping onto their feet. Thankfully, Dream wasn't hit, but that might not stay that way if they stay near him.

Before moving away, they draw the sword on Dream's waist, cursing under their breath when realizing how heavy it was. The dark, cool metal cloud faintly from the enchantments bound to the blade, runes etched into it.

 Dragging the sword, they move as fast as they could, away from Dream. As they moved, the beast watched their every move.

"You're making a grave mistake, child." The creature warned. "Back down now and I may soften your punishment."

"Yeah?" Y/n questioned, turning to look at the beast with furrowed brows. "And what would that be?"

"A chance to escape before I hunt you down."

 Y/n paused, becoming lost in thought. There's no way they'd be able to escape in time, and have Dream with them. If his sword is this heavy, then he'll be even heavier with his armor made of the same material.

Besides, they don't even know the way out. This room doesn't look like it has an exit anyways, other than the crawlspace, but they are certainly not going through there again.

"Sorry, but...I think I have a better chance at surviving the path we're already on."

 With a dissatisfied hum, the spider adjusts its position, ready to strike. "Very well. Your corpse will feed me well, foolish mortal."

Once more, one of its sharp legs launches towards Y/n, to which they tuck to not get hit, barely succeeding. They run to the side, looking for anything they could use for their advantage.

 The area was filled with multi-colored gems, all sharp to an extent. Question was: Would they be useful?

Deciding to put it to the test, they run to a large cluster of sharp gems, giving the beast a taunting grin. "That all you got?"

 The creature, definitely not taking it well, moved itself to face them before charging towards them.

"Uh oh."

Y/n ran to the side to get out of the way at the last minute, getting away from the attack range.

 Due to not reacting in time, the spider beast rammed into the cluster of gems, shattering every single one of them.

It was a beautiful sight, honestly. All the colors flashed and flickered before quickly fizzling out, now revealing the beast being stunned, dazed by the sudden outburst of colors that flashed before its eyes.

 Taking advantage of the situation, not before silently celebrating their successful test, they run towards the beast to climb on top of its crystalized body.

Why did they do this? They weren't sure, it was like something was telling them to do so. Like something told them there was something they needed to do up there.

-When reaching the top of its body, they spotted what could only be assumed as a weak spot. A cracked portion of its body that glowed an emerald green.

Without hesitation, they plunged the sword into its back, causing the beast to scream and writhe in pain.

 With twists and turns, Y/n was thrown off its back, hitting a distant wall and falling onto the floor. Unfortunately, the sword was flung in a different direction, hitting the ground with a loud clatter.