Ch. 8

(It's heeeeere!)
(also, this is the best thing I can offer that fits the mood (at least what I think fits the mood), sorry!)
---

"Do you think he's okay?"

 Heavy footsteps pace on the polished marble flooring, followed by the light sound of shifting metal on the warrior's body.

Sapnap stands there, pacing in front of a male wearing an outfit with light blues and whites; his dark hair nearly covering his similar dark eyes, watching his knightly friend pace in worry.

"I don't know, George," Sapnap sighs, stopping his pace to run his hands through his hair. "He's been acting weirdly since he recovered. He's hardly responded to anyone! To me!"

"Okay, let's just settle down, no need to get heated," George says softly, getting up to gently lead his friend to sit down on the couch he sat on prior. "Let's give him his space, I'm sure that whatever got him harmed did a number on him. Maybe he's just trying to remember."

"Are you saying he lost his memory?" Sapnap questioned, looking at his friend in panic.

"No! No, that's not what I meant! What I meant was...maybe his head is all jumbled? Maybe he's just trying to piece his memories together."

"Maybe...but he could just ask?"

"You know how he is," George chuckled. "He likes doing things on his own. Maybe he's embarrassed?"

Sapnap let out a heavy sigh, ending with an airy chuckle. "Maybe... Sorry for wasting your time here, George. I know it's rare for you to be able to come visit."

"No no, it's fine! I know you tend to worry about Dream's well being. Ever since I got that letter of yours telling me what happened, I did what I could to get over here as fast as I could."

"How is everything, by the way? Your kingdom?"

"Good, actually! Well, as good as it can be..."

"He still hasn't returned, has he?"

George shakes his head, lowering his head down with a frown. "He's been gone for height months, Sap...what if he's-"

"Don't think like that!" Sapnap snapped, grabbing his friend's shoulders. "We don't have any proof that could confirm that or not, so think positively, okay?"

George closes his eyes, taking a deep breath with a solemn nod. "Okay."

 The sound of a heavy door caught their attention towards the source, the two immediately standing to attention to their green friend striding into the room, looking at the two with a smile.

"Want some tea?"

...

 A bell above the door rang throughout the shop Y/n entered. Instantly, they're hit with warm air and spices, giving off a nostalgic vibe. Reiner walks inside, shaking off any snow that may have landed on his thick fur.

"Just a moment!" A voice calls out, sounding much younger than they expected.

Y/n takes a moment to take in their surroundings, seeing all kinds of devices on display on various shelves. It intrigued them, but they didn't have enough courage to touch one, afraid they'd break it.

"Sorry for the wait," they hear; looking at the door leading to a back room, a fox figure walks into the room, wiping his hands with a rag. He walks behind the counter, placing the rag down before placing his hands on the surface. "What can I do for you?"

"I came to pick up something," they respond, rubbing the back of their neck. "Sapnap said it was done?"

"Oh! So you're the one he's been talking about! Yeah yeah yeah, come!"

He waves his pawed hands, motioning them to follow before going into the back room, moving boxes to the side to clear an open path. "Sorry for the mess, I've been busy recently."

"It's alright," Y/n chuckled. "It's a busy season."

"Sure is. Name's Fundy, by the way!"

"Y/n."

"It's great to finally meet you. And...your friend?" He asks, tilting his head to look at the wolf.

"This is Reiner."

"Hello Reiner," Fundy smiles. Reiner barks in response, making Fundy chuckle and turn around, opening a closet door and taking out a metallic contraption made of copper with a simple design.

"Here it is!" He exclaimed. "Would you like to test it out?"

"If you wouldn't mind."

 Fundy nods and puts it to the side, grabbing a small device before approaching Reiner, pausing for a second to look at Y/n for permission to approach, to which they nod. Fundy nods back and crouches in front of the wolf and attaches the device to Reiner's collar. After some minor adjustments, he gets up and holds the contraption in the middle of the room, standing on the side as he keeps his hold on it. "Walk on through, it should open when he approaches it."

Y/n nods and walks to the other side of the copper door, calling Reiner over and motioning to go through. Reiner gets up and approaches the device, the door opening once he's close enough and goes through.

"Impressive," Y/n says, making Fundy chuckle.

"Nothing special. It'll only open if he's directly facing it, to prevent it from opening from passing."

"Thank you, you didn't have to do that."

"Oh, don't worry about it, it's the least I can do! I owe Sap a favor anyways," he chuckles. "Oh! I almost forgot, he said he wanted to see you when you drop by."

"He did?"

"Yep! He might be busy, so I can send a letter to give him a heads up. How long do you plan to stay?"

"Probably for a night or two. I'd rather not immediately walk through the snow again."

Fundy hums. "Well, if you need a place to stay that'll accept tamed wolves, there's an inn not too far from here. The Rose's Thorn, can't miss it."

"That...is quite a name."

"Yeah," Fundy chuckles. "It's been through many changes."

Y/n nods. "Right. Anyways, thank you, really. I'll get out of your hair. Or, fur, in your case."

"Anytime! Feel free to stop by anytime! Stay safe."

"You too."

 Grabbing the copper contraption, they head back outside with their companion, putting the device with the rest of their stuff on the sled before letting Reiner back on and pulling the led further into the city.

---

1020 words

Heyyyyyyy it's been a while! Sorry for the wait, this chapter gave me a bit of trouble! Mainly the second part. I got a little stumped on how I could continue Y/n's side of the story in this chapter, but I was finally able to get something to work just yesterday! It was not my intention to make you wait so long, sorry about that!

Note that I do not do author note chapters, as I kinda consider those like clutter. I don't wanna give anyone false hope only to be greeted with a small message. All my updates are on the conversations tab on Wattpad.

Happy holidays folk, hope you all are having a good day/evening! Take care!