3

The perfect end to an overall bad night was just what I needed to momentarily forget about Emiliano's existence

When Andrei, Milan and Maxim found Levi and I cuddled in bed with our face masks on, we eventually convinced them to watch a movie with us, resulting in all 5 of us crammed in my bed. I was lying between Levi and Maxim, Maxim lying beside Andrei and Levi beside Milan.

There was still a slightly tense atmosphere leftover from what happened a few hours earlier, though I knew better than to ask about it right then and ruin the moment. I would have to ask tomorrow morning what happened with Emiliano...

I eventually fell asleep like that, cuddled between my big brothers and falling into a dream of nothingness. I don't usually dream, I often find my sleep to be empty and void of memories or aspirations. I don't mind it, it just feels like when you go to bed in minecraft, it's dark for a minute and then you're up again.

It's come to the point where I'm comparing my own life to a block game.

Opening my eyes as the light streamed through the curtains we forgot to close last night, I notice all my brothers still draped across my bed, completely knocked out.

I smile to myself at the sight, Levi somehow having turned himself completely over, so now his head is resting at the foot of the bed and his feet dangerously close to Milan's face.

Andrei has his back turned from everyone else, obviously wanting his own space even in his sleep yet Maxim has managed to drape a leg over his body.

I carefully hop out of my bed, careful to not disturb my sleeping beauties, and grab my phone from its charger to take a few pictures.

Now that my daily dose of blackmail has been acquired, I headed over to my closet to pick out an outfit for the day and brought it into my bathroom. I took a quick shower, only washing my body as I washed my hair the previous night, and got dressed for the day.

Picking out some pieces of jewelry, I slipped those on as well and grabbed my shoes.

After 30 minutes of getting ready, my brothers were still passed out on my bed. I smile appreciatively at them, remembering how they all took the time to cheer me up last night as they always have done.

*5 years ago*

Arriving home from school, I tried my best to put on a blank face as I entered the house.

During lunch break today, a few girls from my class decided to make their opinions about me known to the entire grade.

Apparently I'm an ungrateful bitch who doesn't appreciate the brothers she has and is the hideous adoptive sibling who doesn't fit in anywhere.

I know they're only jealous of my situation, but sometimes I can't help but believe their words considering the awful start to life I've had in my 12 years.