Beside you

Later that night Kushi was sleeping when she turned around in her bed to see Arnav's face. Even sleepy, she was looking at his face. 

She felt happy to see her husband by her side. She had gone through a lot of struggle and today she was in her happy place. A loving husband and a child now growing inside of her. She couldn't be more happier. She wanted to tell everyone that she was pregnant but she couldn't. It didn't matter to her. 

The next few days Kushi felt like she was a fragile item as Arnav was treating her like one. She enjoyed being pampered by him, but the happiness was short lived. 

Next day:

Kushi was sleeping when something felt uncomfortable. She woke up with sleepy eyes and saw that her husband was not by her side. He was in the washroom. She sighed a little and sat on the bed with her messed up hair and face. Still she felt something uncomfortable. She couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was scratching her head lightly when she realized she was about to puke.

She rushed from the bed holding her mouth to the washroom but it was closed. She banged on the door like a mad person. Within seconds the door opened and she sprung inside and emptied all that was in her bowels. 

Arnav's POV:

I was on my shower when I heard a knock on my door, soon it was loud and it seemed urgent. Once I opened, Kushi stormed inside and started puking. I went towards her and held her hair by one hand and was rubbing her back from neck to soothe her. She was bending too much like she had no energy left. I went behind her and put my hand from behind to supporting her from the chest. That's when I realized her entire weight was on my hand and she had no strength left. Soon she started heaving and nothing was coming out. I then slowly made her lean on me. I supported her by one hand and reached out to the counter to fetch few tissues to wipe her mouth. We were sitting on the bathroom floor for few minutes with her closing her eyes. 

I was looking at her face. Her eyebrows were scrunched. Kushi can tolerate a head pain or a fever but one thing that she hates most is puking. Seeing her like this made my heart ache. I knew this might be due to pregnancy but even then it's too hard. 

Slowly she opened her eyes and looked at me. As soon as she opened her mouth she said "I'm okay Baby"

I smirked at her, knowing that she is not even close to okay. I lifted her gently and made her sit on the bathroom counter. I gave her toothbrush and  she said that she is fine now and will do it herself. 

As she felt a little better she went to freshen up. I was thinking whether to stay by her side or go to office. As soon as she she came back she asked me to go to office as she was fine now. I went to the office but was half minded. The fact Kushi might go through what she went through today again and again, was disheartening. 

For the next few days it was the same. Every morning she would wake up to puke. I tried my best to support her but I felt bad for her.

Later that day when I came home I went to see my Mom. she was reading a book when she looked at me.

M: Arnav, everything ok? you looked worried

A: Yes ma, I am actually worried

M: What happened?

A: Kushi's not feeling good at all ma. Every morning she is puking and she is tired.

M: It happens, in fact it is only the starting. It's ok to be worried but you should also stay by her side and support her. I will check on her regularly, dont worry.

A: I know you would, even then I am a little worried. She doesn't even come out of the room as she is afraid others would find out about the pregnancy. 

M: I'll check on her when you are away, and also we need to respect her choice right. Normally people don't announce the pregnancy soon. 

A: I'm sorry ma

M: For what?

A: you might have gone through a lot to give birth to me right?

M: That's true but once I saw your face everything went away. Nothing comes easy. I can go through anything for you.

Arnav hugged his mom and was of mixed emotions. Their pregnancy opened new emotions which he hasn't experienced before. 

A: I'm scared ma.

M: O the mighty Arnav is scared?? Is that so?

A: Don't mock me ma

M: ok, ok...everybody is scared at first. Dont worry. Who said men cant be scared? Even the bravest can be broken seeing his loved one in pain. That's all men's weakness. Even though they don't show it. Everything will be alright.

With the assurance his mom gave, he went back to his room. Kushi was looking at the the TV watching a movie. She had two bowls of snacks before her and was eating them with eyes fixated on the television. 

She looked a little thin than she was a week ago, but the doctor said its okay and she will start to put on weight soon. He was actually relieved to see Kushi relaxing and watching a movie. He went ahead and sat beside her. She was so immersed in the movie that she didn't look at Arnav. He then bent a little to give her a kiss which Kushi responded soon and pushed his face back as she wanted to watch the movie. 

A: you know there would be girls lined up to kiss me and you are rejecting me???

K: No I didn't, I just did it super fast!!

A: funny!!!

He then freshened and laid down to sleep. Kushi's movie was also over by few minutes. She quickly turned off the tv and cleaned her side of bed and with smile in her face hugged Arnav by laying beside him.

A: Move away, I am not going to hug you!!!

K: Whyyy???

A: you didn't want my kiss, why should you want my hug alone?

K: I was watching the movie Arnav!!!!

A: Go then watch it again !!!

Kushi found Arnav cute at these tantrums

She then slowly proceeded to kiss him on his ear and neck. Arnav stopped her very fast.

A: Kushi!!!!!

K: What?????

A: Stop doing that, we know where it will end!!!! We cannot do it now, do you remember what the doctor said???

K: I know baba, i was just teasing you....

With that Arnav pinned her down and gave her a passionate kiss.

A: That's it for today. Nothing more, sleep now!!

K: I am satisfied for today

Kushi was blushing, even after these many days she cannot stop blushing

K: Can we have 2 tomorrow?

A: No, We need to control ourselves Kushi....It's not the right time

K: I can understand but .....

A: But what?

K: I'm horny

Arnav laughed at her response and covered his face. He didn't know what to say. 

A: My love, wait patiently....I'm here and I'm all yours...once all this is over you can have me as much as want okay

Kushi touched her belly and patted lightly. She then looked at him and said " I love You"

Arnav said the same and they hugged and sleep took over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter, will make the next one long