Chapter 30

The moment Harry entered the narrow, shadowy alley a thick wave of dark magic washed over him, almost like a warm welcome.

“Wow,” Harry breathed as he followed Voldemort inside the alley. Voldemort glanced over his shoulder with a quirked eyebrow, so Harry said in a whisper, “The magic here is so… heady. We need this in Magica.”

Voldemort chuckled. “Convince enough people here to move to our island and you will have it.”

As they progressed through the narrow street with its dark walls and blackened shop windows and cobblestones beneath their feet, Harry sent out his powers to see what sort of souls lived in a wonderful place like this. Almost at once he found a dual soul of a werewolf just up ahead, tucked away in a small alcove. Harry pushed past Voldemort and stepped inside the alcove to see a middle-aged man sitting on the ground, dark hair unwashed, pale face grimy. The werewolf gave Harry a glare in clear warning, but Harry wasn’t so easily intimidated and he crouched down to speak to the man on his level.

“You don’t have to live like this,” Harry said, getting straight to the point. “There is an island where you can move right now, where you’ll get a home and Wolfsbane potion so you’ll have a peaceful shift tonight.”

The man snorted and shook his head in disbelief. “Yeah, I heard those rumours. That’s just a trap. There will be Aurors waiting and they’ll chuck you into Azkaban and throw away the key.”

Harry pursed his lips briefly, not having anticipated this kind of response. Then again, with the amount of anti-werewolf laws the ministry had been passing for years, perhaps he shouldn’t be surprised some would believe it was a trap instead of a real magical island where werewolves could live and run free.

“Do I look like an Auror?” Harry asked with a crooked grin, briefly spreading his arms. “I’m Harry Potter, and I made Magica with my own two hands. Tonight the werewolves there will run together in the wilds, as they should be able to do every full moon.” Harry bent his head a little to look the man in the eyes. “Where will you be tonight?”

The man blinked and stared at Harry with his mouth slightly opened. “Are you really Harry Potter?”

Harry nodded slowly and pointed at his forehead where a very faint scar was still visible. It used to be red and much more pronounced but after the Figures created V, the scar had healed and was now barely visible anymore. Most of the time Harry even forgot he had it.

“Live free, live free,” V cawed while clapping his beak at the man. “Be wolf, be wolf.”

“Hah,” the man said with a harsh laugh. “I’ll be wolf in The White Wyvern tonight. They rent out their reinforced cellar to all the local werewolves for a few sickles each every full moon.”

Getting out his wand, Harry picked up a random rock and charmed it into a portkey. Then he handed it to the man. “This is a portkey to town square in Spellbridge that will activate in an hour. You’ll find Remus Lupin in Town Hall, he’ll give you Wolfsbane potion and assign you your own home.”

“What’s the catch?” the man asked, staring at the rock in his hands as though it might explode at any moment. “There’s got to be a catch.”

Harry relaxed his shields a little and let some of his powers out in a way others could sense it. The man’s eyes widened at once as he looked up at Harry. “I’m a necromancer,” Harry whispered. “The British ministry would see me executed right away, so I made my own country where all magic is legal. That’s it.”